Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Allright foxbody fans I need you to argue me over to either side, I have found 2 nice 5.0's. The things you should know to help me decide are... I like notchbacks more, but not enough to make it an easier decision. If I do buy a notch, the plan would be silver with 5 spoke something like Saleen wheels, or a bit like uhh 95 Cobra R. What ever I could find thats closest to that look in 4lug. The silver I speak of is a metallic one, it was on the cover of one of the 5.0 mags awhile back, but I cant find a good pic of the car, maybe someone will have a high res of it I cant seem to find what the date of the magazine is. Now for a hatchback, plan is all red, with black wheels, something like Bullits. For engine mods, both the same. Around 350-400hp is end goal, down the road, and so far I'm thinking 3.73's on both cars, maybe .55's depends on how brutal 1st gear really is with .73's. Ill upload the two pics of what I want the exterior to look like in the end, maybe someone will have a better pic of the silver notchback.

Notchback:
[url="http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3851/notchback2tk.jpg"]http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3851/notchback2tk.jpg[/url]

Hatchback:
http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?image=930aprilo4nasa023med0sg.jpg

Also you should know both cars are virgins. The hatchback has nothing after market on it and 159km, its an 1989. Price $4900CAD.

The notch has an exaust, and some terribly long pipes, they stick a foot out past the bumper. And I will call about KM tomorrow. Price on it is $3995CAD.

So, based on info given? What would YOU do? I know in the end its my decision, based on taste, but its nice to get as many oppinions as possible.
:wavey

Thanks!

·
Registered
155 Posts
like you said, all depends on your taste, but i'll give you my opinion

go with the notch..nicer looking and not that many around:tongue
well in ottawa there isn't, lots of hatch's...

·
0 Posts
Personally, I'd go with the hatchback. I like them better as is and I think the look you're going for with the hatchback is better.

·
Registered
726 Posts
HATCH BACK!!!!! it looks so much faster! although notches are lighter and more ridgid... that one piece of petal that is at the bottom of the window makes quite a difference, or so i am told

·
Registered
721 Posts
Aw hell with it . . . get yourself a vert so you have a real challenge in making it fast.:winks

·
Registered
155 Posts
up to you buddy, go with what's best for you....
p.s. don't listen to truuble...verts are slow:dunce: j/k man

happy new year:wavey

·
Registered
726 Posts
MOFU said:

verts are slow though, they weigh a tonne, especially gt verts... where are you from faith?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
just personal opinion, but id go with the hatch.
i just think the notch is plain ugly. looks like a goofy 80's sedan.

·
Registered
721 Posts
MOFU said:

Happy New Year to you, too, Bro!!:dunce:

·
Registered
721 Posts
89stanger said:
verts are slow though, they weigh a tonne, especially gt verts... where are you from faith?
Wanna race for pinks? You'll lose . . . badly. :smoke:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Nice picture.

It all depends on taste, my friend.

You are asking the wrong set of guys. All of us already have our tastes and preferences for vehicles. He says Notch, she says Hatch, blah, blah blah...

My opinion: Hatch. I like the look, that's about it.

In your situation, look at the total mileage. If they're virgins, there's never been any work done to the motor, so you'll be starting every ounce of work. But, with those long pipes, makes you wonder what that guy was thinking?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Its your choice but in my opinion the notch is better to me mybe because i have one but they are a little faster because of weight. Faster is always better. This isn't my car but i wish and this is a clean notch and it my not look it but he has welds for it to and the car runs mid 10s. Thats bad!!

Attachments

·
Registered
514 Posts
I would go with the hatch.. i just think it is more... foxy if you get what i am saying.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Go with the hatchback and stiffen it up with struttower bars and subframe connectors. That will make it just as solid as the notch if not even more. But if you do decide to go with the notch, consider 03 cobra 17x9's rims. That's the purist, classic sleeper look, especially if you paint it silver metallic.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.