Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HELP!!...Airbag light on!

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  NGTSTALKR 
#1 ·
OK, i just insatlled my new white face gauges and now my air bag light is on. When i turn my car on, it starts to blink then stops for a few seconds then blinks some more. It does this a few more times, then it stays on constintly. Any suggestions? Thanx

#2 ·
greenfieldracin said:
OK, i just insatlled my new white face gauges and now my air bag light is on. When i turn my car on, it starts to blink then stops for a few seconds then blinks some more. It does this a few more times, then it stays on constintly. Any suggestions? Thanx
you probably have a loose connection.

#3 ·
Ok, i hooked up a scanner and it said that the light indicated low battery voltage. So something is drawing power from the battery when the car is off. I found a fuse under the dash that has power with the key off and it shouldn't. I don't have the owners manual so does anybody know where i can get a diagram of my fuse box under the dash so i can figure out what circuit that fuse belongs to? Thanks.

#4 ·
bet when you installed your guages something came loose and you didnt catch it when you reinstalled the new ones.

#5 ·
greenfieldracin said:
Ok, i hooked up a scanner and it said that the light indicated low battery voltage. So something is drawing power from the battery when the car is off. I found a fuse under the dash that has power with the key off and it shouldn't. I don't have the owners manual so does anybody know where i can get a diagram of my fuse box under the dash so i can figure out what circuit that fuse belongs to? Thanks.
that could be antitheft, emergency flashers, brake lights -there are plenty of systems that run when the car is off . .. That's why you disconnect the battery when doing electrical work.

There should be a diagram on the back of the fuse lid . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.