Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey..
im in the process of buying v6 1999 mustang for 8, 700$$ (candian) - its in beautiful condition, clean... 95 kmS?

sounds good..or should i run? anything to watch out for?

thanks
farah

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
farahlala said:
hey..
im in the process of buying v6 1999 mustang for 8, 700$$ (candian) - its in beautiful condition, clean... 95 kmS?

sounds good..or should i run? anything to watch out for?

thanks
farah
It's duty rated for 200,000 miles if the previous owner used semi-synthetic motorcraft oil or better.

You're gonna need a tune-up in 5K. that will cost between 2-500, depending on whether it's a manual or automatic.

Check out the paperwork for oil changes, etc. If he did it at a Ford Dealer, they'll hav ethe info. If the owner doesn't have it, I'd think twice.

You should always run it to a dealer to have it checked out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks..

the guy selling this is going to take care of all that before he passes it on to us.
is there anything else i should be aware of ... is it expensive/reliable - compared to a civic ? (this is the car that i currently own)

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
farahlala said:
hey thanks..

the guy selling this is going to take care of all that before he passes it on to us.
is there anything else i should be aware of ... is it expensive/reliable - compared to a civic ? (this is the car that i currently own)
The 3.8L V6 Ford Mustang is the most reliable, most durable car Ford Makes.

It beat Civic last year with only 5 problems per 100 cars. And beats civic for in any durability measure.

Look on the road. you'll see a lot more old Mustangs than old Civics. The technology is 25 year old, and all the bugs have been worked out. It's cheaper to service, and while the stick axle can get annoying, it's more durable and easier to align than an IRS.

It uses U-Joints, which are more durable and less expensive to repair than CV joints, and you don't have to take off the fender & front suspension to change the starter, alternator, etc.

·
Registered
11,433 Posts

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
If the 99 V6 was taken to the dealership, it should have all the updates taken care of, and should be very reliable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.