Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wass up people!! could someone help me with my c4 trany problem? i orderd a 521000 tci man/rev valve body, my mustang is a 1970? but after receiving the valve body i decided to take a look at the identification 123/abc on the case!! my case does not have the tag below the shifting lever on the driver side? so i went to the passenger side and on the servo cover is c8zp-7d027a? so i call tci and tell them that the ident# is coming up 1968? is this going to be a problem! which one will work, which one do i need?? they don't want to help, i keep asking the techs how can i identify the trany 100% there has to be a way to know if its a 68 or 70?? i have talked to several techs, and each time i let them know that the 521000 valve body for a 1970 mustang, and its exactly the same as the one that came out of my mustang!! but some of the techs keep saying the inside could be different and don't use it. but at the same time there saying they don't know if the inside is different!! SO my question is this, on the website raceabilene.com/kelly/hotrod/images/fatid,gif is an automatic transmission identification ford motor co. photo (old school) real simple, transmission filters! all 64-65 all 65-69 all 70-78 and the same for trany pans. I have told tci over and over its so simple the 68 filter looks nothing like the 70!! mine looks just like the 70 filter? nothing like the 68!! but they keep saying the inside could be different? and if i put the valve body in the mustang and something go's wrong my problem! no warranty!! $230 I can't find anyone to answer this simple question? I must be getting old, i remember the days when technicians were technicians!! :worship:good_and_evil:

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AFM and sorry for the delayed response.

Let me move this to the Classic Tech section. I'm sure the gurus there will have an answer for you.
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Wass up people!! could someone help me with my c4 trany problem? i orderd a 521000 tci man/rev valve body, my mustang is a 1970? but after receiving the valve body i decided to take a look at the identification 123/abc on the case!! my case does not have the tag below the shifting lever on the driver side? so i went to the passenger side and on the servo cover is c8zp-7d027a? so i call tci and tell them that the ident# is coming up 1968? is this going to be a problem! which one will work, which one do i need?? they don't want to help, i keep asking the techs how can i identify the trany 100% there has to be a way to know if its a 68 or 70?? i have talked to several techs, and each time i let them know that the 521000 valve body for a 1970 mustang, and its exactly the same as the one that came out of my mustang!! but some of the techs keep saying the inside could be different and don't use it. but at the same time there saying they don't know if the inside is different!! SO my question is this, on the website raceabilene.com/kelly/hotrod/images/fatid,gif is an automatic transmission identification ford motor co. photo (old school) real simple, transmission filters! all 64-65 all 65-69 all 70-78 and the same for trany pans. I have told tci over and over its so simple the 68 filter looks nothing like the 70!! mine looks just like the 70 filter? nothing like the 68!! but they keep saying the inside could be different? and if i put the valve body in the mustang and something go's wrong my problem! no warranty!! $230 I can't find anyone to answer this simple question? I must be getting old, i remember the days when technicians were technicians!! :worship:good_and_evil:
Don't blame the techs - your question is a bit criptic but I think I understand. You are trying to use a servo number to get the year of manufacture - not going to work. The year of manufacture will be on a metal tag bolted to the cover or there are two circles near the shift lever - one has the day and the other has the month and year the casting was made. If the valve body looks the same (output ports in the same location) then it is a 70 or later transmission - the earlier valve bodies do not interchange with the 70 and later C4s.
I am older too - been woking on C4s since 1969 or so. I can't work on them anymore but I can still answer questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts