Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is not running right, it started about a month ago out of no where, it has a screwed up idle, (it bounces back n forth between 800 n 1100 rpm), it has a hiccup at steady throttle, almost like i let the throttle on and off, its mainly at part throttle it doesnt seem to do it at WOT,and with the mass air computer in when i start it for the first time in the day it revs to 2000 rpm then dies. I did the mass air conversion on an 87. It ran good for a month or two after i did it. I put the speed density system back in to see if it was a problem with the mass air but theres no change. Also it lost some power, it has new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, ignition module, tps, and it doesnt appear to have a vacuum leak. Any ideas what it could be?

·
Registered
54 Posts
After the codes...

try retarding the timing about 2 degrees. Sounds nuts just got my neighbors to stop doing the same thing by retarding the timing.

But oull the codes like 89coupe said first. Could just be a bad sensor. When is the last time you took off your IAC and cleaned it. IAC affects Idle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.