Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The header on my passenger side has been leaking, i believe its a loose or broken gasket. How can i change it? and would it be best to go with Mr. Gasket steel gaskets?

·
Registered
703 Posts
First double check and make sure your leaking from the header.

Find out for sure where the leak is coming from. I always heard Mr.Gasket brand was good. You are going to have to remove the header to replace the gasket. Just my opinon but now is your chance to upgrade and buy some bbk shortie headers they include the gaskets.

·
Registered
58 Posts
u can check the leak by looking at the gasket. if there is a bit of black on the gasket, than thats where the leak is.
yes, mr gasket is the brand to go with, or felpro. be sure to razor line the gasket and get all the gasket material off the head and header and u should be fine
good luck

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First double check and make sure your leaking from the header.

Find out for sure where the leak is coming from. I always heard Mr.Gasket brand was good. You are going to have to remove the header to replace the gasket. Just my opinon but now is your chance to upgrade and buy some bbk shortie headers they include the gaskets.
I do have bbk shorty's, but from what ive read the gaskets that come with them are junk. when i bought the car the guy who owned it before me had installed the shorty's himself so idk

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
I used felpro and it's all good. Sometimes you gotta keep on eye on the headers bolts tho.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Mr Gasket Ultra seals w/ Stage-8 locking bolts. End of leaks, end of story.

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
all you have to do is replace the gasket with a good regular header gasket and re-tighten 1 or 2 times AFTER the engine goes through a couple of heat cycles. they will never leak again. replaced mine when i first bought it 6 years ago and they have never leaked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts