Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I'm new to mustang forums, but i have read some in the past and people seem to get alot of help from everyone that posts replies, so i figured i'd make my own attempt at this.
I currently have a 2004 GT with a bare stock set-up, except for a CAI and upper plenum. Right now i'm having trouble deciding what mod's i want to add on first and would like some help. Currently i'm considering getting either a tuner, Exhaust and/or 3:73 gears, but unfortunately only have the money to do them one at a time. Can someone/anyone give me some insight into what you would do as your first mod?

·
Registered
281 Posts
If you're doing them one at a time I'd say get the tuner before getting gears that way when you do get the gears you can calibrate your speedometer accordingly.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Get a 75mm throttle body, x-pipe, flowmasters, then a 3.73 gear, this will pick up your car, nicely!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is great. keep 'em coming. what tuners do you guys recommend? the sct x3 is the one that always seems to pop up, any comments?

·
Registered
613 Posts
this is great. keep 'em coming. what tuners do you guys recommend? the sct x3 is the one that always seems to pop up, any comments?
Go with the SCT.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Id do the exhaust and tuner first. You could do the Pypes "The Beast" X Pipe and catback kit on American Muscle for about $550. The X Pipe will make the car sound really nice with the catback, and youll definatley feel a power differance.
Pypes THE BEAST Exhaust System (99-04 GT) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

As far as a Tuner, Id go SCT. I have a Diablo Tuner for my GT, and my dad has an SCT for his Mach 1, the SCT is a lot better.

Then Id do gears. Could do 3.73s if you want to cruise without hitting higher RPMs (not to much of a differance than 4.10s) and if you plan on going Supercharger, Nitrous or Turbo.

I have 4.10s and there awsome, car felt 10x better and a lot faster after they were installed. I can chirp 4th gear pretty good with them.

Hopefully this helped, good luck man.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Get the tuner first and then gears, this will help with the car's off the line performance, then do the rest:hihi:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.