Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need help on desiding on a SVT year....

***OUT OF THE 95 cobra and 96-98 cobra***

What year would be better on doing auto x and just to have fun on the streets??

What year would react to mods the best??

I know the 95 came with the 5.0 cobra motor with 240 hp and 280tq and the 96-98 came with the 4.6 cobra motor with 305hp and 300tq, just need help on desiding on what motor to go with.

thanks Daniel.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
93 Posts
[/QUOTE]What year would be better on doing auto x and just to have fun on the streets??[/QUOTE]

^^What does this mean??

Go with the 97 or 98 cobras.. More bang for your buck.. If want a cobra that takes to mods good go with the 03-04 cobras. New pulley, exhaust, chip, intake you'll be pushing some good HP numbers..

·
Registered
145 Posts
i need help on desiding on a SVT year....

***OUT OF THE 95 cobra and 96-98 cobra***

What year would be better on doing auto x and just to have fun on the streets??

What year would react to mods the best??

I know the 95 came with the 5.0 cobra motor with 240 hp and 280tq and the 96-98 came with the 4.6 cobra motor with 305hp and 300tq, just need help on desiding on what motor to go with.

thanks Daniel.:bigthumbsup
If you plan on modding it. just get a higher mileage 03/04 cobra. If you look hard enough you could find one for 20,000-23,000 k. you could easy have that into a sn95 cobra when your all done with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
1996 was the 1st Year from the Factory they came with a D.O.H.C. 280 C.I. V-8, Rated 305 H.P. Assembleted in Germany, Allunium Head's, T-45 @5-Speed. 6-Qt.'s engine oil. Disk Brake's all around, BF Goodrich P245/46ZR* 17" Wheel's.
Cost me $ 28,155.00 July 2006.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have a 95 cobra and I love it. I wouldn't trade it for anything. The 96-98's will be faster stock vs stock but I think that you would be happy with either one. I'm planning on throwing in some gears and an h/c/i in mine. Should wake up the car a little bit :D I think if you are tryin to save money I'd buy a 95 because the 5.0 is a lot cheaper to mod than the 4.6 dohc 32 valve motor. However if you plan on doing forced induction i believe the 4.6 reacts better to it than the 5.0. (someone please correct me if im wrong)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.