Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1989 Mustang LX a couple weeks ago. It has 4 wheel disc brakes and a 5 lug conversion. The e-brake is not hooked up and it's designed for rear drum brakes. I'm not familiar with the workings of it but this leads me to believe it needs an adapter of some sort. I'd like to get the e-brake working, any ideas?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Rear disc brakes

Ok I am not joe expert but I think you need the ebrake cables from a disc brake car like a '93 cobra (spendy) or maybe the '94up sn-95 mustang. I have a turbo coupe rearend and cables but not sure if the bird has too long of cables. Good luck!:gringreen

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Look up the Ford Racing M-2300-K kit, it shows the part numbers for the 3 cables you need and the mods you need to make to the handbrake handle.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I have the rear disc conversion, used the Turbo coupe rear brake cable. It's one cable that connects to both wheels. You need to pull back on the single cable (bracket) from the e-brake handle, (comes thru the floor) and put bracket around cable. Mine has been this way for 15 years with no issues. I did no other mods.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would this work for me? It's for a '93 mustang with rear disc (cobra, right?) and the part number is the same for both sides:

P/N WAB BC132440 $30.99 Net Ea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts