Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife bought me a Diablo Predator for 2005 2006 Mustang GT with the C&L intake for a 2006 mustang from Pro3's Partshopper.com how can I get a tune for this. All I can find is for the 2005
Thanks for your help.

My car is a Vista Blue 2006 GT 5 Speed
CALID is FBNE0G5
I have emailed Pro3's Partshopper.com but have not heard back from them.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hi davis014,

Did you download the file cnl_05-8r22_H512.crom from Diablo's website and update your Predator's firmware? It should work fine if your Predator came in a box with part #CL7140 on it. If you didn't try it do so, you can't hurt anything and if it won't load and boot on your Predator you have the wrong Predator for th C&L CAI kit and need to send it back.

HTH

davisr014 said:
My wife bought me a Diablo Predator for 2005 2006 Mustang GT with the C&L intake for a 2006 mustang from Pro3's Partshopper.com how can I get a tune for this. All I can find is for the 2005
Thanks for your help.

My car is a Vista Blue 2006 GT 5 Speed
CALID is FBNE0G5
I have emailed Pro3's Partshopper.com but have not heard back from them.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
SportsPix said:
Hi davis014,

Did you download the file cnl_05-8r22_H512.crom from Diablo's website and update your Predator's firmware? It should work fine if your Predator came in a box with part #CL7140 on it. If you didn't try it do so, you can't hurt anything and if it won't load and boot on your Predator you have the wrong Predator for th C&L CAI kit and need to send it back.

HTH
Just did that today, i downloaded the new version, and set mine up for 91 octane. Pretty noticable difference, but i still want to dynotune it for air/fuel ratio and see where i'm at. I have a cat back with hi flo cats and xpipe, just make sure I dont lean out!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Firmware

I guess I am blind I can not seam to find that file cnl_05-8r22_H512.crom.

Can you help please

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They sent wrong one

They sent the U7140 not the CNL7140 I hope it is not to hard to change it.

Thanks again

·
Registered
897 Posts
davisr014 said:
They sent the U7140 not the CNL7140 I hope it is not to hard to change it.

Thanks again
No need to send it back

I'm running the U7140 on an 05 with no problems.

Call diablosport with the Cal_id of your car and they'll email you the proper file.

The advantage of the U7140 over the CL7140 is that you can use it without the C&L intake.

If you only want to change gear ratios,tire diameters, fan settings while running the stock tune you can do it.

That's how I did my back to back testing.

Keep in mind that there are 2 updates for the U7140 Predator.

First there is the firmware update which must be done when the programmer is in its stock form.
In other words if you had a tune in your car you would need to reinstall the stock tune and reset the Predator.

This firmware update is the R28 update.(crom file)

Second is the .frg file which must match the Cal_id of your car.
It's the frg file you need to get from Diablosport.

Look HERE for all the instructions on how to update your Predator

·
Registered
897 Posts
The Diablosport phone number is 561-908-0040.

Look around I'm sure someone wrote that diablosport sent them the c&l file for the 06

Re read my original post I added more info

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Back up

Does any one have the orginal backup of there tune for an 06 GT with a manual tranmission CALID FBNE0G5 thast I can get?

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts