Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i am new to pony's, and to street mod's, i have a 2002 gt w/ cai. i wont to do the geers now. i have read lots of post and looked on the www for all my answers, but i still think i need more info. i wont to go with 3:73 because i welll go supercharger some day but that well take a long time because of cash flow. my questions are as follows. 1 do i need anything other then the gears,the bearing kit,the speed gal.,and few bottles of oil? 2 well i need to change any thing out or replace enything as well? 3 well i end up at the repair shop and have the mechanic tell me " you'll need this done as well sir"? 4 dose anyone know of a shop that can handle mod's for my pony in the waco tx area? 5 is there an install kit i need for all the gasket's and replacement stuff? 6 and is it 7.5 in or 8.8 in i need?

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
1) 3.73's are a good choice if you're planning on getting blown in the future, good job. 2) You'll need to make sure you get GEAR LUBE and not motor oil to go in the rear end, lots of guys go with a good quality synthetic like Mobil1 or Royal Purple. 3) An experienced installer will talk you through what he will and won't do for the install fee and he'll also tell you what needs to be done at the same time. 4) You need gears for an 8.8 inch rear end, FRPP and Motive seem to be the popular ones right now. 5) You shouldn't need anything other than a seal for the diff housing except what comes in the kit. It should have shims and things like that to set up the tolerances when the install is done.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.