Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My turn signals did not work, so the shop replaced the switch in the column. Now when the car has power, i.e. key turned, the brake light in the dash flashes. With the car off the hazards work just fine. Tried looking at a schematic made my head hurt. There appear to be 2 power leads coming into the steering column - not sure why there are 2 hot leads. Again, I am new to all this. Was contemplating taking the steering wheel off to see what they did. They claimed it was not the flasher as they tried a new one and it did the same thing. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hello.:) Are you talking about the brake warning light or the emergency brake warning light? The one that's part of the instrument cluster or the one down lower on the dash? There two power leads going into the turn signal switch because one is keyed power for the turn signals them selves, and the other is constant power from the headlight switch for the horns and brake lights. When you activate the left and the right turn signals, what, if anything, blinks on the dash? And, one more question.:) When you say that the emergency signals work, do you mean that both turn indicators on the dash blink like they are supposed to? :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe it is called the brake safety light, on the instrument cluster to the right of the clock above the oil pressuer / temperature gauge. Nothing happens when the turn signal is operated. Re the emergency flashers, yes they blink both on the dash and the rear taillights as they are supposed to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.