Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just had my FRPP 5300 P springs installed yesterday and I'm getting squeaks from the rear when going over bumps. Any one else experience this or have suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
392 Posts
You need to check that the spring isolators were re-installed and if so installed correcly. The spring isolators prevent metal to metal contact.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to check that the spring isolators were re-installed and if so installed correcly. The spring isolators prevent metal to metal contact.
Thanks...I'll have it checke out.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi all,
Just had my FRPP 5300 P springs installed yesterday and I'm getting squeaks from the rear when going over bumps. Any one else experience this or have suggestions?

Thanks
I posted the exact same thing regarding my ford racing 5300 P springs. Heres my post http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...302148-noise-ford-racing-m-5300p-springs.html. Not much help yet. Im waiting for the shop that installed them to call me back. If you find out the solution please let me know because the squeaking can be rather annoying at times. Best of luck. Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
489 Posts
Will do...I plan on taking it by the shop this week. I'll keep you posted.
Thank you, because Ive been waiting weeks to get intouch with someone from the shop I went to. Still no luck :/

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have the same squeeking as well. I've already unbolted and retighted everything down according to specs with suspension loaded.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I installed frpp k springs myself. So far no squeaking issues.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I stopped by the shop today and put it on a lift. We didn't see anything unusual, but did notice about a 3/4"-1" shift to the driver's side. Ordering an adjustable panhard rod and installing it Friday...maybe that will help? Anyone else with squeaks using a panhard rod?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BTW...my noise sounds like it's only coming from the passenger side rear, near the upper strut or spring mount.

·
Registered
489 Posts
BTW...my noise sounds like it's only coming from the passenger side rear, near the upper strut or spring mount.
This is the same exact noise I am hearing then! It only seems like its coming that that side of the rear.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I stopped by the shop today and put it on a lift. We didn't see anything unusual, but did notice about a 3/4"-1" shift to the driver's side. Ordering an adjustable panhard rod and installing it Friday...maybe that will help? Anyone else with squeaks using a panhard rod?
Let me know how your install goes tomorrow I am really starting to rethink my choice of the Ford springs and not going with the Roush.

·
Registered
190 Posts
weird. I was getting a high pitched mouse squeak for a while coming from the pass rear. I noticed it after I had put my rear seat down on that side then put back up. I had some one sit back there while I was driving and it stopped. Went for drive alone and there it was. So I started thinking maybe the metal clip that holds the seat up was rubbing during bumps. So I pulled seat down and slammed it back up. Squeak seems to be gone. Not sure if this is the same thing ? Good luck and I hope it's not suspension as I want to get my car dropped.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I got this too on my eibach sportlines.....

EDIT: I'll have to try that, Wily. Thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Installed my panhard rod today...no more squeaks from the rear! And my wheels are centered!

Bad news, now I have the front lower control arm bushing squeak...there is a TSB on that one, so I'll be taking it in for service.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Installed my panhard rod today...no more squeaks from the rear! And my wheels are centered!

Bad news, now I have the front lower control arm bushing squeak...there is a TSB on that one, so I'll be taking it in for service.
That is great news and not so great news. So you eliminated one squeak and added another. Lol. I spoke to the owner of the shop who did my install, and I will be taking it there Wednesday morning so he can hear it. Do you think I should be ordering a panhard bar? Also my car was never aligned after, is this a problem?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is great news and not so great news. So you eliminated one squeak and added another. Lol. I spoke to the owner of the shop who did my install, and I will be taking it there Wednesday morning so he can hear it. Do you think I should be ordering a panhard bar? Also my car was never aligned after, is this a problem?
The panhard bar seemed to work for me. The car should always be aligned after lowering, otherwise you'll get uneven tire wear. I had my car aligned after the panhard install and had them adjust the panhard rod while on the alignment machine.

·
Registered
489 Posts
The panhard bar seemed to work for me. The car should always be aligned after lowering, otherwise you'll get uneven tire wear. I had my car aligned after the panhard install and had them adjust the panhard rod while on the alignment machine.
So panhard then alignment? What brand did you go with? I'm glad I didn't rush to get it aligned since they are gonna reset the rear springs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So panhard then alignment? What brand did you go with? I'm glad I didn't rush to get it aligned since they are gonna reset the rear springs.
Yes, panhard then alignment. I went with the Edelbrock bar, it seemed to be the easiest to adjust, and has grease fittings for lubrication.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yes, panhard then alignment. I went with the Edelbrock bar, it seemed to be the easiest to adjust, and has grease fittings for lubrication.
Should I just order one and have them install it on Wednesday when he's looking at my car? Or is it something as easy as a sway bar that I can install. What did it run yu when they installed it?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts