Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the lower model of the dash. The one without the color changing Rmp and speedometer. How would you go about changing the color from green to blue (the back light that is)? Do I need a diffents overlay? OR do you have to take out the dash to access the light bulbs? Has anybody changed them out before? And ideas? Is it easy? please help.:wavey
Mark Fuller

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I had asked my sales rep about changing the dash colors and their service mechanics told him you'd have to install the color optic option. I'm betting that would be very pricey.

·
Registered
767 Posts
No offense Darth, but I am betting that somewhere along the way your question got confused. You asked about changing color, they heard something different and answered you as though you wanted to install the mycolor option.

Robotguy, the only way you are going to change the lighting color would be to disassemble the instrument cluster and replace the LEDs in there with different color LEDs. Difficulty is going to depend solely on your comfort level with ripping everything apart and doing some soldering at the board level without destroying anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts