Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying a 1973 mustang, it only has a couple of rust spots and looks like it's in pretty good condition, if I get it fixed right away I think it would look great! Unfortunetly I don't know too much about mustangs... that's why I'm here. Does anyone think it would be worth the effort to restore this car? the guy is asking $6000 for it, is that too much? I'm thinking of offering him $4500...

·
Registered
91 Posts
A pic would be nice!:bigthumbsup Depending on what your future plans are, would be the deciding factor, and if you have time:yup:, I know that when those are restored they look just mean and awesome. There are not many out there anymore

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a pic at the moment, it's painted black with silver trim and you can't tell there is rust without looking closely, it's a great looking car already, if I buy it, I don't intend of selling it after I fix it up, I want to enjoy it myself :)

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Be careful! You wont know how bad it is until the paint is blasted off. Those "couple" rust spots may not be alone, there may be much more than you can't see.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Be careful! You wont know how bad it is until the paint is blasted off. Those "couple" rust spots may not be alone, there may be much more than you can't see.
+1. Next time you see it, check the undercarriage.

Also, pop the hood and fill us in on what condition the engine is in..

And what do you plan on doing with it? Bone stock restoration, or resto-mod?

:postpics

1 - 6 of 6 Posts