Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Briana and I bought my first car this year in midst of the pandemic. originally the woman who sold me the car told me that there was no problems with the car. when my car started acting funny I asked my dad and he couldn’t get to me right away because of certain situations but I ended up driving so much that the transmission fuel was completely gone there’s none left and now my dad says my transmission is locked. he was saying my transmission was locked for a while and now he saying my emergency brake locked. Any suggestions is welcomed I just want to fix my car.

·
Super Moderator
2,542 Posts
Welcome to AFM!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your account details.
We’re glad you’ve joined us.

·
Registered
9,976 Posts
I hope someone else will chime in with more specific information for your car, I am familiar with later models so I might be a little bit off, but here are some quick thoughts:
1) before you panic about the transmission, fill it up with automatic transmission fluid . . . I think the details are in the owner's manual, or hopefully someone who knows the details for your car will reply here
2) the parking brake works with a cable, that runs from the handle to a lever on the back of the brakes, on the back of the rear wheels. Sometimes the cable breaks, or gets stuck. If you can get under the back of the car, and have someone else work the lever, you should be able to see the cable, and see if the lever is working.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts