Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 1967 Mustang there is a small strip of chrome above the door frames. It isnt attached by any screws and appears to just be stuck on with adhesive. I need to remove them because they are rusty and im going to get the frame sandblasted. I would appreciate any help identifying this piece and maybe any ideas on how I could get it off.
Thanks

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
interior? exterior? I am kind of confused as to exactly what you're talking about? Can you be more specific as to where it is?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The chrome is visible on the exterior but they are attached on the inside of the upper door frame, I dont know how to really explain it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The chrome is visible on the exterior but they are attached on the inside of the upper door frame, I dont know how to really explain it.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Ok, yes I know what you are talking about. There should be maybe four flat, black screws that screw it to the car. It is then held on by adhesive and it just pulls off. The adhesive will be a mild pain to get off.

Those strips should be stainless steel so you weren't referring to them being rusty, but the door frame, right?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im pretty sure that i already removed the piece that your talking about. Im going to try to attach a picture of what im talking about. It kind of wraps around the entire upper door frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
The drip rail moulding. It's not held on by adhesive, it's just clipped on. If your originals are in good shape be careful when you pull them off. I've been told that reproductions aren't that great.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
If you want to have any hope of reusing them a block of wood is the tool to use.

Those strips are not chromed but stainless steel so they can be polished although its likely impossible to remove any appreciable dents or bends.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
I used a church key to pull mine off if you go slow it works.There is seem sealer in the drip rail grove so if its in the way just cut it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts