Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all!

--EDIT--
After 2 weeks of looking on and off, of course I locate it right after posting: It seems to be a Xenon 12138 Hood Scoop. Also added a few terrible low light photos of the edges, where it doesn't look great. Kinda thinking removing it is going to result in a repaint entirely...
---------

New Mustang owner; it's been a dream car since before my 16th birthday. I fell in love with this '07 GT, but my only beef with it is the clearly altered hood. I can't image-match what hood scoop this is, I don't like the placement much, and if you look closely you can see the whole hood is a different color and doesn't line up perfectly. I haven't taken anything apart yet to try to identify if the hood is aftermarket or repainted stock, but I can tell the scoop was a simple adhesive that is slightly peeling up unevenly -- I thought I might at least be able to image search it, but no luck.

I have no complaints with the other visual aspects of the vehicle, but the hood scoop just looks odd to me. Unfortunately nothing on the records, and the dealer said he bought it at auction like that already.

Can anyone identify this hood scoop or have any experience with what might have been done? I definitely am interested in removing it and replacing with a more attractive one. Unfortunately, I expect it would mean fully repainting the hood.

Kinda my first post, so I hope this works! Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
My roush is similar and it flew off on the highway so now I have 6 holes that are on the hood I’m going to have filled and repainted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My roush is similar and it flew off on the highway so now I have 6 holes that are on the hood I’m going to have filled and repainted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My gosh! It was bolted down and flew off? Mine is only adhesive I think and it's starting to peel off... (see just-added additional photos)

Maybe I won't go with the Roush. lol

·
Registered
588 Posts
The stock hood looks pretty damn boring wo a hood scoop or aftermarket hood.
I would keep it, do a matching color from the decal on the side of your stang.

But that's what I would do....

The tungsten paint job is sharp...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts