Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fancy myself on racing the ws6's of elpaso every Sunday and i always get beat. I have an 01 gt 5 speed, pulleys, cold air intake, prochamber, and flowmaster muffs, the problem is i kill them off the line and through 3rd, but after that, they have caught me and left me, i need top end on my car, whats the move without a sc?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Depending on how fast "the others" go we can surely give you some good advices.What's their speed and time?
What time do you want to beat, what cars do you race against?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well im racing the trans ams and camaros, they all seem to have the top end on me, i must be doing ok cause they all ask am i supercharged after we race, they are running high 12's and im running 14 flats what do i need to do to get to low 12's without a supercharger?

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
get a throttle body, get it tuned for 93 octane, intake plenum and gears, subframe connectors and maybe some control bars and you'll be a lot closer at the end of the track.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
You can add some drag springs to the rest of the above mentioned. A nice tune and suspension will help alot since motor vs motor your at a disadvantage hp wise and they have a better top end.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Thats the same problem i have vs my friends 01 SS, i have him up until top of 3rd when he starts to catch up with me, this was all before the 373s i put on about a week ago, and i am hoping to get a TB/Plenum combo, and then get a good dyno tune. hopefully ill be running some nice numbers.

·
Registered
701 Posts
racingstripes said:
well im racing the trans ams and camaros, they all seem to have the top end on me, i must be doing ok cause they all ask am i supercharged after we race, they are running high 12's and im running 14 flats what do i need to do to get to low 12's without a supercharger?
To get your car from flat 14s into mid 12s (cause you want to beat them) you're talking about quite a bit of modifications.
Especially if you want to keep your stang NA. I don't know how much you've already spent, and how much you are willing to put into your stang - from a certain power level on it just doesn't make a lot of sense anymore to go NA.
For example: If you tell me that you want to see low 12's or 11s I strongly recommend you to go with a SC right from beginning on. Save the money for cams, heads, etc.
But thats only my kind of an approach: Do it once and do it right...:winks

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Unlike Engineer, I love N/A cars, especially ones with a small V8 that rev high and kill bigger V8's. Ported heads, cams, aftermarket intake manifold, forged internals, and all the bolt ons will give you more hp at the wheels than those other guys have at the flywheel.

Of course, this is expensive and there is a cheaper way of doing it: Murder them off the line! Upgrade your rear suspension, get some 4.10 gears and slicks, subframe connectors, every bolt on you can afford, and maybe some cams for good measure. You'll be pulling 1.7 60 fts and make them look so stupid off the line that they won't have the power to catch up on the top end!

If all else fails......spray the hell out of your engine with a 150 shot. :worship

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.