Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i am doing a t5 swap in my 67 mustang and im using the original linkage hole but a hydraulic clutch.... however im having issues creating a system to pull the pedal to the sleeve of the hydralic clutch master cyinder. any tips or pics you could send would be greatly appreciated. another question i have is with the hydrauclic clutch how can i do POWERED disk brakes it doesnt seem to leave a lot of room for the master cylinder booster and that was my next upgrade to the car.... please help im only 17 and in over my head

·
Super Moderator
39,946 Posts
Welcome to the site!!!!Check out the classic tech section.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
What engine do you have? If it is a small block then the factory style power booster should fit with no problem. If you have a 351W then it is much closer and I am not sure if you have an interference problem in that case or not.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
what kind of a hydraulic setup are you using. are you adapting one from another vehicle. I used the JMC hydraulic conversion which is basically bolt on. JMC Motorsports Online Catalog
this is a picture of there setup. the master cylinder just bolts to the pedal with a spherical rod end. if this didn't help I am not sure I understand your question.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a wilwood kit and it bolts to the original linkage hole as well but i can get the clutch pedal to push the slyinder to move the hydraulic throwout bearing how did u rig it to the pedal the kit i got had like no instructions on connecting it to the pedal?

thanks
-nick

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a 289 but the hydraulic for my clutch goes right thru the oriniginal linkage hole and it doesnt llook as though it leaves much space

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
do you have a picture of your clutch master cylinder? it should have a spherical rod end that will bolt on to the same place that the stock linkage attaches to. on mine it came with a spacer to line it up properly then it just bolted to the pedal. does yours not have the rod end? this is a master cylinder not a slave cylinder right. when I searched for a wilwood hydraulic clutch system all I could find was the slave cylinder so I can't see what you are working with.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I finally found a picture of the wilwood master cylinder. it is lacking the rod end. you should be able to pick this up at a parts store. here is a picture of how mine is attached. like I said it has a spherical rod end, and a bolt with a nylock washer and a spacer to line it up properly

IMG_0176 pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots

one other thing. the most difficult part of this for me was fabricating the pedal stop. you need to make sure the pedal can't be depressed too far or you can ruin the master cylinder. one other question, if you are converting a t-5 why did you use the hydraulic throw out bearing instead of the slave cylinder. just curious.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the hydraulic throwout baring is wht came in the kit i got from modern driveline... thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
no problem. let us know when you get it going. I used the hydraulic throw out bearing when I had my toploader 4 speed. I had some trouble initially because I received the wrong size bearing, but it worked fine after that. then when I bought my t-5 I converted it to the slave cylinder. it never occurred to me that I might have been able to use the same throwout bearing for my new transmission. oh well it works well now anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.