Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the possibility of buying 4 Rocket Racing Black Booster Wheels 20 x 10's and tire size 255/35 ZR20's. They are the Standard 5 Lug Pattern. The total for all for is under $600. Before I even consider (talked to the person) I wanted to make sure they would fit my ride.

I have a 2013 Mustang GT 6-Speed with the Track/Pack. I have lowered my car about 1" as I have Eibach Pro Springs. My current car has the stock 19" 255/40 Summer tires.

I have been looking to replace the tires here in the next 3 months, however, this opportunity is hard to pass.

That being said, I also do not want to waste the money if I find out the wheel/tire combo is too wide for the front of the car.

The rears I am not too concerned. Does anyone here have an idea if they can fit the front of my car?

My guess they are too wide for the front and if I got them, I would be scrubbing the front tires even if I went over a pebble.

Any thoughts, opinions, or experience would be helpful

Thanks
CJ
question.gif

·
Registered
146 Posts
255's won't be a problem, you need to know the offset of the rims though to make sure they will sit in the fender wells okay.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
255's won't be a problem, you need to know the offset of the rims though to make sure they will sit in the fender wells okay.
I forgot to mention that I have Brembo Brakes. I will ask about the off set too.

I do not want to drive to his place and pay the money and come to find out the wheels would be useless. Thanks for the pointer I will call him and ask. I hope he knows.

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Yeah, the wheel offsets will determine whether or not they fit. Also, 255s are NARROW for 10" rims.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
you should put 275's up front and at least 285's in back and get the outside diameters within about .5" of each other front to back. I don't know your rear end ratio to give any other advice. Oh and make sure the manufacturer approves of the rim width for their particular tires and sizes.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. I think I will just stick with my stock rims and get the same size tires. That way I do not have to worry about offset, TPMS kits, tire scrubbing as well as possible brake caliper rubbing the rim.

I asked the guy selling them and he had no clue. I would rather be safe than sorry. So 255/40 19 is the replacement size tires. I will look at the Michelin SS, Continental DSW, and Nitto, and BF Goodrich ALL summer tires.

Thanks

Happy Holidays!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts