Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well i was at school today... getting ready to leave, reach down into all my pockets for my keys..and well they werent there.:sterb: Im guessing they fell out when i was stiing in the grass, and someone took them! Know my questiion is..is there any way i could change the key? Cause i dont want someone taking my car:eyebulge: !! i dunno
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,106 Posts
Keys are in the car.

Unless you lock the door with the key, which ensures you dont' lock them in, that's where they are. In the ignition or in the cupholder. My Taurus has the keycode door thingy. Love that.

-David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not i definetley rember locking it...and hearing the *beeb* i no its gone, i still have a spare though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
I'm pretty sure that if you get a replacement key and remote, you will need to reprogram ALL of them to work together, which means the code is changing.

When I got my baby, i ordered spare keys and remotes off ebay, so I now have a total of 4 sets of keys...call me paranoid. They new ones came with instructions for reprogramming. Once I had the 2 blank keys cut at my local hw store, took me all of 3 minutes to program them all to work.

Whatever you do, DO NOT lose your remaining key....very expensive if you don't have at least one.

Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
767 Posts
JetBlack said:
Unless you lock the door with the key, which ensures you dont' lock them in, that's where they are. In the ignition or in the cupholder. My Taurus has the keycode door thingy. Love that.

-David
You cannot lock the door with the key in the ignition ( and the car off ) with the door lock button. Go try it. Sit in your car, put the key in the ignition, and lock the door. It will unlock itself before you can even get the door shut.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,106 Posts
Cooler and cooler

hawgman said:
You cannot lock the door with the key in the ignition ( and the car off ) with the door lock button. Go try it. Sit in your car, put the key in the ignition, and lock the door. It will unlock itself before you can even get the door shut.
This car just gets cooler and cooler :)

Used to be (late '90's), if you locked your keys in the car, you could call Ford with the VIN and they could cut you another key (it wouldn't be programmed, of course). We only had one guy who could set up the little tool to do it right and it was tricky but it worked. I always wanted to try that with the "We are giving away a car. See if your key fits!" contests. :) The car is on display for a week prior. Plenty of time to go to the neighboring dealer and get a key cut. When they give away a Mustang?

One extra happy winner.

Me!

-David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Baginoman said:
Ok well i was at school today... getting ready to leave, reach down into all my pockets for my keys..and well they werent there.:sterb: Im guessing they fell out when i was stiing in the grass, and someone took them! Know my questiion is..is there any way i could change the key? Cause i dont want someone taking my car:eyebulge: !! i dunno

Bag, if someone wants your car, they don't need a key. Have you checked with the school lost and found?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,724 Posts
I'd put some more key's on your keychain, obviously it didn't make a sound when it fell out of your pocket.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Tie a hub cap to it :laughlitt
Accually you need two programmed keys to program any spare keys by yourself. If you now only have 1 programmed key your going to have to go to the dealer to get spares. They need to access the security module. they would erase your existing code and reprogram your 1 key along with your new spare(s)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanx everyone!..friend found them hahah(im glad nodody else did), and gave it to a teacher who sent them to the office, and i asked if they had my keys..and well they did:worship thanx anywayz everyone:dunce:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Baginoman said:
thanx everyone!..friend found them hahah(im glad nodody else did), and gave it to a teacher who sent them to the office, and i asked if they had my keys..and well they did:worship thanx anywayz everyone:dunce:
Bag when I was your age, we used to get out asses whipped for crap like this. I have called your school and recommended this punishment. just put a small loose leaf notebook down the back of your pants and after the beating you will be good to go dude. Don't thank me just don't lose your keys again dude.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sandyman said:
Bag when I was your age, we used to get out asses whipped for crap like this. I have called your school and recommended this punishment. just put a small loose leaf notebook down the back of your pants and after the beating you will be good to go dude. Don't thank me just don't lose your keys again dude.
U called my school? lol u sure u know what SCHOOL it is. Hey man stuff happens. It happed for a reason to, just kind of embarrasing to say how:tongue
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top