Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i bought this car about two months ago or so and when i got it it seemed to run good but since has given me lots of trouble. I had it in the shop and they fixed a couple things, like plugs and wires, upper and lower intake gaskets, header gaskets pc valve and grommet, Idle air control valve, adjusted the timing and fuel regulator, changed the oil and coolant but still seems like its missing and it is fouling out plugs some have a black carbon on them and some are white. It is drivable but is lacking power in my eyes. I really love the car but it's killing me I'm not a mechanic and am tired of getting the run around and charged these high shop fee's that havent changed a thing so any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Here is a list of whats done to the car " per the previous owner " thanks

Engine - 302 bored .30 over 306, RPM forged crank, Eagle rods, Probe Pistons, Lunati Cam, Shaved and ported E7 Heads, 1.6 roller rockers, double springs, Trick flow upper and lower intake with 3/8 spacer, BBk 70 mm throttle body and spacer, BBk cold air intake, Larger Mass air sensor, 24 lb injectors, Mac shorty headers, Flowmasters dumped but have stainless tail pipes to go with the car, MSD coil, Aluminum Drive shaft, 3.55 gears in the rear, Rear upper and lower control arms, New clutch with Double adjustable cable, electric fan with adjustable controller, weld in subframe connectors, larger front sway bars, eibach lowering springs, parts plugs andhi flow fuel pump and filter, new fuel sending unit,

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Wow! With the mods done to the engine, someone intended to race this car and probably did extensively. I would probably start with a compression check on each cylinder to give you an overall health check on the engine. It will require some research on your part to the readings the cylinders should have, but you will mainly be looking for disparity in cylinder readings. Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well thats what he said it's my first one so im not sure, I know the shop said he put money into it and used good stuff but its still has some issues and i live in a small town of ******** shops closet big town is Las Vegas or Phoenix. Thanks for the reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts