Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
89 mustang gt 5 SPEED 302 i think its an sn95 engine because it needed a starter and the foxbody starter was different then the one i took off it had less wires then mine so not sure if its sn95 or foxbody 302

ok so the problem is when i put it in gear 5 speed car the idle rises up to 2 grand it only does it if put into a gear the clutch doesnt cause it but i put the clutch down its fine as soon as u put it in gear clutch still down it revs i changed tps iac and still nothing i have a foxbody iac because the computer that is in it as a a9l i cant figure it out i looked into it alot the only thing i found is the NGS (neutral gear switch) i read something about possibly disconnecting it and closing the circuit i wonder if this will stop the problem right now i drive it with the tps unplugged so it doesnt rev out any help will be appreciated im at the end of my rope :cursing:

-Kyle

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Welcome to AFM!

I'm not sure I understand your question... Could you try to state the problem a bit more clearly (and punctuational helps a lot too :yup:).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok its a 5 speed. i put the clutch to the floor nothing happens. put the shifter in any gear and the idle goes from 7-800 up to 2000 rpms everything is new tps iac and yes the tps is adjusted properly done by checking the volts so what can cause this to happen

·
Registered
590 Posts
I've heard that the neutral safety switch can cause idling issues. Maybe this falls in the same category?

I don't have my NSS hooked up. Sometimes when come to a stop, and put the clutch in (usually downshifting through to 2nd at that point), the revs jump to about 1500 or so. Foot is off the gas. However, I don't specifically get the exact issue you're describing. Mine isn't so bad. I also don't have the o2 sensors connected. Among other things that trips up the ecu.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts