Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got a 2003 gt. Take my governor please. Any suggestions would help tremendously. Anybody please help me. I really don't know where to begin. What speed should the car top out at? what first?

·
Registered
579 Posts
The Governor is based on Tires that are equiped on the car when new. The Governor was installed because of tire limits. So it can range from 112mph and up. The federal limit for a pass. vehicle is 155mph which a manufacture can get a waiver to raise.

·
Registered
145 Posts
speedytang said:
The Governor is based on Tires that are equiped on the car when new. The Governor was installed because of tire limits. So it can range from 112mph and up. The federal limit for a pass. vehicle is 155mph which a manufacture can get a waiver to raise.
exactly. :thumbsup

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I don't have a clue why you're worried about the governor on the car. There's nowhere near you that you could even think about winding the car up that fast. Unless you get on I-85 in the middle of the night. Even if you did that you're being dumb.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Why do you sound so desperate to take the governor off? You should never need to go that fast

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
then what's the point? I have an suv for the :sleeping: slow days! Tell that to the guy in the benz who destroyed me when the gov kicked in. I had him too! aLL i NEED IS INFO!:eyebulge:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can't be serious! When is the last time you couldn't find open road down my way?
BlueStreak03 said:
I don't have a clue why you're worried about the governor on the car. There's nowhere near you that you could even think about winding the car up that fast. Unless you get on I-85 in the middle of the night. Even if you did that you're being dumb.

·
Registered
154 Posts
You sound like a moron. Good luck with the car and I hope you don't kill anybody in your toy vroom vroom

·
Registered
573 Posts
Geeze....Here in Texas it is almost impossible not to go 112 mph just getting on a freeway...........But ther eare plenty of open roads here too..... :sterb:

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
There are lots of open roads in Salisbury. But there is always at least a few cars around. I can't think of a single 'good' place to go that fast anywhere except on a track. I really do hope you get caught and you don't end up killing some innocent bystander.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Have to agree with BlueStreak03:

Speedig might be fun for some people, but there is ABSOLUTELY NO reason for it! If you kill some one or "just" make someone paralized - it is going to be a huge load on your shoulders. Mentaly and financially.

Is that really worth it?!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Underw0rld said:
Why do you sound so desperate to take the governor off? You should never need to go that fast
Welllll, I drive pretty conservatively but there was that one time on that long flat bridge and I was a little disappointed when the car stopped pulling at 140. But now that I know about the reason for that (tires) I figure it's agood thing. Besides 140 feels like 70 on a smooth road so what's the point?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
The point is that even though 140 FEELS like 70, the physics of a collision with anything equates to total destruction of not only your car ( and everyone in it ) and whatever you hit. Be it a rock, drainage ditch or another vehicle.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Larry Sergent said:
Welllll, I drive pretty conservatively but there was that one time on that long flat bridge and I was a little disappointed when the car stopped pulling at 140. But now that I know about the reason for that (tires) I figure it's agood thing. Besides 140 feels like 70 on a smooth road so what's the point?:rolleyes:
up to about 95 can feel like 70, 140 does not feel like 70. :sterb: I don't care what road you are on.

I also second what Blue Streak said, no offense, but you sound kinda immature. Learn some self-control before something happens to you and/or somebody else with your reckless urges.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Underw0rld said:
up to about 95 can feel like 70, 140 does not feel like 70. :sterb: I don't care what road you are on.

I also second what Blue Streak said, no offense, but you sound kinda immature. Learn some self-control before something happens to you and/or somebody else with your reckless urges.
How do you know what 140 feels like, or did you give into your reckless and immature urges?:laughlitt

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
I have gone 140 once, I had to see what my stang could do, that was late at night and not a car in sight , that was very fast and a little crazy ,no need to take off the govenor , its plenty fast for the roads !

·
Registered
276 Posts
ran260gt said:
I have gone 140 once, I had to see what my stang could do, that was late at night and not a car in sight , that was very fast and a little crazy ,no need to take off the govenor , its plenty fast for the roads !
Yep, one time, broad daylight, long straight flat piece of road with noone in sight. Didn't really plan on going that fast but it hit 110 so fast , yea, I had to see what it would do. 140 is fast isn't it!:happyhapp

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.