Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 4 cyl that I converted to 5.0 but I am having problems getting the fuel pump to come on. I've jumped the pump and the pump works fine. There is no power going to the pump, I've also checked the button in the trunk to make sure it was working properly. Any Suggestions or can someone post the main harness diagram with motor and vacuum lines. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
trace your wires back and make sure its all connected correctly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
TGladden said:
I have 4 cyl that I converted to 5.0 but I am having problems getting the fuel pump to come on. I've jumped the pump and the pump works fine. There is no power going to the pump, I've also checked the button in the trunk to make sure it was working properly. Any Suggestions or can someone post the main harness diagram with motor and vacuum lines. Thanks for your help.
I did the 4 cyl. conversion to the v-8 conversion and installed new carpet in my car. When I first tried to start the car the relay under the driver seat came apart from the harness. earlier in the years I was street racing on drag radials I hit second gear and the car cut off. I pulled it home that day and took the car apart and found out all it was, was the fuel emergency cut off switch. Needless to say I had lost money from that race. Please post back . I want to know what was wrong with your car.

·
Registered
897 Posts
if the inertia switch checked out ok,then you will need to check the fuel pump relay.

·
Registered
897 Posts
TGladden said:
Need to do some wire tracing, check http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/ for the wiring/vacuum diagrams you need. You'll have to check the FP relay for power supply, ign. on voltage, ground control from ECM and relay operation. Hope this helps. LUK/GL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.