519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, on Monday I will be buying the following:

LCA's - tube steel, not billit, black or gray, no red
LCA Reloc brackets
UCA - adjustable
Panhard bar - adjustable
Camber bolts for front camber adjustment

I am also picking up an aeroforce gauge and an autometer sport comp boost gauge (20psi with vacuum) (both black face, silver bezel).

So far, I found the best deal (from one vendor) at Lethal Performance, it came in at just under $900 shipped. I don't mind ordering from multiple places, just so long as I don't end up paying more after shipping. I also don't really care what brand components (ie CHE, BMR, Steeda, etc), just so long as they are decent. I want poly ends on everything.

So where would you buy all this to get the best deals?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Check out Brenspeed also, I got the CHE adjustable UCA & the BMR LCA's & adj. panhard bar..........all in gunmetal gray steel.
Got an alignment after all that & the springs put on & ended up not needing the caster/camber plates.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is where I am at so far: I couldn't find shipping on Brenspeed, looked like you had to put a credit card in before they would even quote it. So far, for what they have, American Muscle is the cheapest because of free shipping, but their selection is limited and some are out of stock. I will continue to edit this page as I find more prices. I just went with the "cheapest in class" rather than compare one particular brand. Need more vendors to check..

**Disclaimer - this is only looking at the least expensive that the vendor carries and is not intended to be a comparison of who charges the most. All these vendors are ones I would buy from, and have bought from many of them. I am also not taking into consideration customer service, which is many times a deciding factor for me. I just want to know how I could buy all this on the tightest possible budget.

Least expensive part by vendor

LCA's:
American Muscle: J&M - $115 (free shipping, out of stock)
Brenspeed: Steeda - $199
Lethal Performance: J&M - $114
LateModelRestoration: BMR - $135

LCA Relocation brackets:
Brenspeed: Steeda - $129
Lethal Performance: J&M - $98
LateModelRestoration: Steeda - $135

UCA (adj):
American Muscle: J&M - $140 (free shipping)
Brenspeed: CHE - $149
Lethal Performance: J&M - $144
LateModelRestoration: BMR - $177

Panhard (Adj):
American Muscle: J&M - $115 (free shipping, no black)
Brenspeed: BMR - $135
Lethal Performance: J&M - $125 (black added $10)
LateModelRestoration: BMR - $140

Camber Bolts:
Brenspeed: $40

Aeroforce Gauge:
Lethal Performance: $239

Autometer SportComp boost gauge:
Lethal Performance: $60

·
Registered
432 Posts
Brenspeed usually has free shipping on their stuff as well. Give them a call or shoot an email to Seth or one of the guys & they can get you an all in one quote. They're very customer service oriented (as are most of the vendors that are sponsors here).

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bah.. I guess I can't edit after 30 mins..

I checked Hotpart.com, who sells the J&M product, and they are comparable in price to the others.

Looks like for most inexpensive brands, J&M is the cheapest.
For least expensive vendor for that product, looks like AM wins because of free shipping, but their selection was limited and some parts were out of stock.
Lethal performance had the widest range of products, but shipping was about 5% of the total cost..
Brenspeed has great service, but they were primarily selling the more expensive products. What brand to go with is very open to opinion, and in this case I just want to keep it cheap.. anything I add will be better than the stock junk, and I don't intend to race or anything.. just looking to make it a little better with better traction.

Not many Mustang shops sell a very wide range of gauges. That is disappointing, so it seems it's either Lethal Performance for gauges, or some huge ricer vendor. I prefer to give my business to a specialty shop.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd recommend www.cheperformance.com for the relo brackets.
NICE.. $96 there.. good call! I like these better than the J&M too..

I am anxious to see how well it handles.. was cool out tonight (~55) and my sister is in town from New York. I took her out for a drive and the first pull I spun all the way through 1st and 2nd. Funny thing is she got behind the wheel and drove the heck out of the car! She races Spec Miata, and has a Z06 as a daily driver. She took one turn at about 30 and got into it in 2nd, which is about 3k rpm, and just as it started to oversteer, we ran over a patch of water from a sprinkler (it was dark out) and the rear end cut loose.. Good thing there wasn't an oncoming car.. She had a blast driving it.

I think I need torque limiters though.. I missed second on a hard pull again (power shifting, barely let off). Second time now that I missed it completely since the supercharger. I fear that a few more misses like that and I will eat a synchro. Plus it's kind of embarassing.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They're very nicely made. I just installed a set about a month ago.
How long did it take CHE to ship yours? I ordered a week ago and their website tracking still shows it in the order stage. I even tried to call but I think they took the month off for the holiday or something.. only get an answering machine.

Thing that sucks is, there is no reason to install anything else without those relocation brackets. If I can ever get in touch with them I will cancel my order and order from someone who ships the same month. All my other stuff will be in Monday and Tuesday of next week, but now I either have to cancel my order and 2 day air the brackets from somewhere else, or wait at the least another week for the one part I need from these guys. Nothing worse than poor customer service. O well.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
How long did it take CHE to ship yours? I ordered a week ago and their website tracking still shows it in the order stage. I even tried to call but I think they took the month off for the holiday or something.. only get an answering machine.

Thing that sucks is, there is no reason to install anything else without those relocation brackets. If I can ever get in touch with them I will cancel my order and order from someone who ships the same month. All my other stuff will be in Monday and Tuesday of next week, but now I either have to cancel my order and 2 day air the brackets from somewhere else, or wait at the least another week for the one part I need from these guys. Nothing worse than poor customer service. O well.
I didn't buy them from Chuck, I got them from Brenspeed. CHE is usually pretty good. I bought my axle brace and K-member brace direct from him.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tried to call again and got through, chatted with someone, and they were just finishing the brackets, and will ship today, upgraded to 3 day shipping so I will have them Wednesday. If they weren't ready to ship, I would have cancelled the order and gone elsewhere with 2 day shipping. They made it right, though, and that is what counts!

I hate waiting for parts.. I need to move to a bigger city that has places like this to walk in and buy parts, take them home, and install them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.