Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I tried searching this forum but couldn't find anything on it so I started a new thread. I have a '99 Convertable Mustang GT that's an automatic. Well the shifter indicator (red thing that tells you what gear you're in) was broken when I bought it and I'd like to finally fix it. Could anyone tell me how I'd go about tearing it apart to fix it? Don't know where to begin... Any helpful info or links to something would be very appreciated. Thanks!

One more problem that's not as big is that every now and then while cruising my rearview mirror makes a noise (vibrating type noise) that's really annoying. Any suggestions to get rid of it? Thanks again.

Jamey

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I can't help you with the shifter, but the mirror should have aan allen type screw on the underside of it. They wiggle and vibrate loose over time, just figure out what size it is and screw it back down. That should take care of the rattle.

·
Registered
104 Posts
for the shifter buy a new indicater assembly...its about 30, 40 bucks.....its the whole black thing around the shifter arm

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scootro said:
for the shifter buy a new indicater assembly...its about 30, 40 bucks.....its the whole black thing around the shifter arm
Get it from a Ford dealer? Will it come with instructions on how to diassemble and reassemble it?

Thanks guys for the info so far....

Jamey

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.