Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my car with a few months ago and it had the non functional hood scoop on it. I personally like the look of the car without it, but no one around here has the scoop so in a way it makes my car stand out a little from the crowd. The question is should I keep it or take it off? is there a market for a black OEM hood scoop??

·
Registered
555 Posts
I could be wrong, but I thought the OEM hood scoop bolted on the hood. So if you take it off you may have to fill in a few holes??

Again, I could be wrong, but if you don't like it I'm sure someone will buy it if the price is right. Put it on classifieds and see how many hits you get.

·
Registered
91 Posts
They are bolted on so unfortunately it's not a simple removal. If you do decide to remove it, I agree, throw it on the classifieds and I'm sure someone will bite.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
As said, they are bolted on. But why take it off. Personally i like the way it looks on there.I thought about putting one on mine. But chickened out when it came to drilling the hood. But yours is already on. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm sure somebody would be willing to trade their stock hood for yours if you'd like to go that route

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm sure somebody would be willing to trade their stock hood for yours if you'd like to go that route
You might even be able to get someone with a stock hood that's the same color, maybe even good enough to use with very little work if any. Remember your hood is worth more than his stock hood.

Dave

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only thing that sucks about my good is that when I bought it, it had a rock chip right before the scoop. So I could either get that fixed then try and trade or just live with the scoop. I'm glad I didn't try and take it off cause I would have been pretty disappointed. Thanks guys

·
Registered
356 Posts
Just a couple of options.
You could have the Scoop painted a contrasting color?
Or Wrap the Scoop with a Carbon Fiber Vinyl? It's easy and cheap.
If you dont like it just pull it off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts