Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can i get to 400 HP on my 98 stang all motor I cant find after market heads besides the p1 its getting fully rebuilt new stroker kit , intake, full exhaust, hopefully new heads ,all forged internals, what else do i have to do
im new to the game so all advise is welcome

·
Registered
6 Posts
Help me?

Can you say?...supercharger! My 97'Cobra was 425 with it! If you can't afford it, how about Cobra heads? Not sure of the price.I've heard a larger volume MAP sensor gives about 20-30 HP.A cobra intake will help a little also. Hope this helps, I'm kinda new at this myself.

...zbopcobra

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
there aren't too many aftermarket heads out for the SOHC motors. There are however several places that will port and polish stock heads and stuff them with new cams, valves and springs. Check out VT, Fox Lake Racing and Anderson Motorsports. Those guys are doing some awesome stuff with heads. Also, check out Cranes cams for the mod motors, you can go as wild as you dare and make some kickass power and not get boosted or juiced. Also, a cobra intake will not fit on the SOHC intake. On the old 5.0's you could do the swap, but not on the 4.6L's because the GT is a SOHC and the Cobra is DOHC with completely different intake manifolds. If you want to swap intake manifolds, there are a couple really good ones out, I just remember who makes them right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.