Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a pair of Summit Poly pro seats and brackets. Can someone please help me get these things installed right?

The brackets included are fixed mount. Is there anyway the mount them to the stock brackets? how so?

Any other mounting ideas? I really don't want to bolt them straight to the floor and mess up.

Thanks.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
I know the problem you're talking about, you need to ditch those brackets and get some of these. They won't work with stock seat brackets either.

These are Holcomb Motorsports poly seat brackets, they make installing those seats a direct bolt in. Do the job right, and it won't look like a hack job.

HOLCOMB MOTORSPORTS INC : MUSTANG SEAT BRACKETS ALUMINUM

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dern those are alittle much for now. wish i had $80 to drop for em! Any other ideas anyone? I've seen these seats mounted great without the holcomb brackets but failed to ask about it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Brackets

I dont have that Brand of seats, but,
I had to fabricate my own adapters in order to mount these APC ones.

Had to cut off the front ear off the fatory ones (the factory ones put the front of the seat about 6 inches too high, hehe, my knees were in the gauge cluster :happyhapp ), then make brackets to mount it and stiffen it.

IF, your a little crafty, it can be done on a budget. Besides the hours it took, the parts were about 30 bucks from the local hardwear store.

I know there are seat bracket adaptors premade that are "universal", but none i saw were cheap.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.