Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone!

I just bought a 1999 Ford Mustang V6 a couple months ago from my sister (For the bargain Basement price of $1000!). Since then I have noticed a few things that need my attention, but I need some insight from someone who may have been there before me.

Heres the deal, the gauges (The Gas, Speedometer and Tachometer) sticks. The Gas Gauge works, sometimes, the speedometer goes up, but stays at the highest speed registered and only goes back down after I come to a complete stop, and the tachometer goes up to about 2500 RPMs and stays there, and like the speedometer only goes back down after I come to a complete stop. Does anyone know what is causing this? And more importantly, the best way of fixing it? Any and all thoughts on this problem would be most appreciated!

Thank you for your time!

~Chris

·
Super Moderator
40,151 Posts
welcome to the site,enjoy!!!!i suggest to pull the instrument panel out and inspect it,maybe a bad connection on one of the rear panel plugs.

·
Registered
649 Posts
does the car have after market gauges on it?:headscratch:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I was thinking of adding an after market upgrade anyway, so I guess I'll pull the panel off and inspect the connections then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.