Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big surprise right?

Ok, now that I own my 99 stock 3.8 (ah freedom from the bank!!!) I have some money to put back into my baby. In case you didn't see my profile, I live in Germany and probably don't speak enough of the language to buy an upgrade by myself. I live in farm country, so there aren't a lot of English speakers in the area.

I also don't know anything about how to improve the handling. I've had her on the Autobahn and finally figured out where the governor kicks in, but I'm not comfortable driving that speed unless the road is straight. She handles like crap. Got any ideas where a girl can get a decent upgrade on the suspension, etc, without spending an arm and a leg. I have a manual transmission so I kinda' need both arms and legs!!! Hee Hee!

Please help me show these people who stare at my ride that she IS a mean as she looks!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,433 Posts
MustangFahrerin said:
Big surprise right?

Ok, now that I own my 99 stock 3.8 (ah freedom from the bank!!!) I have some money to put back into my baby. In case you didn't see my profile, I live in Germany and probably don't speak enough of the language to buy an upgrade by myself. I live in farm country, so there aren't a lot of English speakers in the area.

I also don't know anything about how to improve the handling. I've had her on the Autobahn and finally figured out where the governor kicks in, but I'm not comfortable driving that speed unless the road is straight. She handles like crap. Got any ideas where a girl can get a decent upgrade on the suspension, etc, without spending an arm and a leg. I have a manual transmission so I kinda' need both arms and legs!!! Hee Hee!

Please help me show these people who stare at my ride that she IS a mean as she looks!!!
THe biggest and best thing to do is get a rear sway bar out of a Mustang GT. After that, pick up some subframe connectors. After that, get a strut tower brace out of a Mustang GT. It will make a world of difference and the total cost should be around 175 dollars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
kscoyote said:
THe biggest and best thing to do is get a rear sway bar out of a Mustang GT. After that, pick up some subframe connectors. After that, get a strut tower brace out of a Mustang GT. It will make a world of difference and the total cost should be around 175 dollars.
What exactly do the rear sway bars do for your car? I know you can get one that goes under the hood and goes across the engine bay - I guess that's to keep the frame in shape? Does the rear one do the same thing, except to keep the back end of the car in shape?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,433 Posts
load said:
What exactly do the rear sway bars do for your car? I know you can get one that goes under the hood and goes across the engine bay - I guess that's to keep the frame in shape? Does the rear one do the same thing, except to keep the back end of the car in shape?
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question432.htm

it keeps the rear suspension under control. It's different than a brace, which limits the degree in which the frame distorts.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top