·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, while doing some cleaning/maintenance, I touched the hood-
release with the hood in the "UP" position - to my surprise, something
BEHIND the hood release mecanism moved!! Uttt-Ohhhh , was it a
MOUSE? I got a drop-light and looked BEHIND the mecanism, and it
appeared to be a flat piece of rubber, JUST FLOATING AROUND, behind the hood release. I took the hood release OFF, and fished out the courious piece. It sort-of looks like a hood-seal but I have NO
CLUE where or how it would be positioned. It DOES have some of the
Frost Torquoise Paint on it - But has me baffled ( may be itis one )
( a baffle that is ).
Can anyone help me get this piece back to where it belongs in the
engine compartment? Does anyone know of a diagram where I might
look to see HOW to position this piece???
see three photos Below
Thank you for ANY help. - Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
It looks like part of a radiator to hood seal. Check out mustangdepot.com and look for item C4DZ-16A238-A, click on this item & it shows you where this seal installed.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I've never seen that before. My car doesn't have the original hood so there's no help there. Looks like I may be missing that too and something else I'm going to look into now.

What engine is in your car? I know that all 6 cyl cars and ones equipped with air cond got the seal that runs the whole length between the hood and rad support although that seal is different from what you have pictured.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Hello.:) That isn't part of the hood to radiator core support seal. I know what that is, it just isn't clicking right at the moment.:headscratch: (I hate it when that happens.:gringreen) It will come to me because I know that I've seen that before.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.