Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
This morning when i got up to go to the store to get something to eat my car was acting really funny after pulling out of the drive way and hearing this hissing noies i pull over to stop to see that someone has stolen my bbk cai :( i no longer have my stock intake so im out of luck.. has anyone here made a custom CAI out of 3'' exhaust pipe? can someone please help me out right now i dont have the money for a new intake but i do have a friend at a exhaust shop so..

please help anyone?

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks.. yea i have hood pins so it was easy... im kinda upset but can't do anything about it so... if i make it out of pvc will it melt? also will it flow better than a stock intake? anywhere near what my BBk did?

·
Registered
54 Posts
it shouldn't melt as long as you keep it far enough away from the engine and exhaust manifold. it should flow good too as long as you keep the tubing big enough, dont have any nasty bends in it, and a good filter. just try to match the PVC to imitate your old bbk one, and you should be fine

·
Registered
119 Posts
cool thanks everyone so what about the MAF

also where would i find the plate to keep the filter in the fender wall like the bbk ?:headscratch:

what about the monting hardware for the fenderwell?:headscratch:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
you would have to go to a junkyard to get a MAF and housing if you want it cheaper.

theres a place about 10 miles from me and they sell hoses to transport gas and other chemicals, thats what a buddy of mine uses as his intake tube. it looks good and i think they practically gave it away.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Assemble the troops... a mans car isn't safe in his own driveway. :madas:

You can make your own by getting some tubing wherever you can. I've seen where some dude went to Lowes, got some ducting and clamps, then cut it to size before painting it. You wouldn't know it if he never told you it cost him around $10.

A 3 inch pipe is what you need, and if your friend works at the exhaust shop then have him weld an elbow and plate together the same way the CAI was.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.