Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left work yesterday & gave her a shot, one I got straitened out there was a noise. When I push the clutch in it goes away or let it idle. Only seems to happen in 1st,2nd & 3rd. I was think push rod cause it sounds like the back of the passenger side. The motor & clutch work fine. Any one have this before????

·
Registered
552 Posts
wtf................

so your trans is making a noise?
push in clutch no noise, engage clutch in 1/2/3 it makes noise?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know if its the tranny, sounds like where they connect the the bellhousing. Hard to tell if it is the valve cover or tranny cause it only seems to happen when driving except once at idle.As soon as I push the clutch pedal in it goes away , take my foot off & noise comes back.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
AOD's dont make those noises....

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
What the Heck kinda noise is it? A whine? A grind? A squeal? A chatter? Your killing is with all the details!!:headscratch:

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its sounds like the right hand side of the engine. It sounds like a valve, rocker maybe a spring. Its a taping sound & its speeds up with the engine except 4th is fine. Dont know what else to say, if I out it in neutral & rev it up theres no noise as soon as I put it in 1st & start to drive it starts. But as soon as I put the clutch pedal in it goes away untill I let it out then its there again. Even 5th will make the noise just not 4th. I seems like its getting a little louder & some times in neutal it will make the noise just not as loud. I have a new push rod & i'm going to pull the covers this weekend hoping that its that but i'm not sure. One guy told me a release bearing for the clutch is that possible?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I pulled the vavle covers Saturday & my pushrods where all good, so now I guess pull the clutch & hope its the release bearing!

·
Registered
89 Posts
good luck with it, make sure you post what it was when you find out.

but dont you just hate it, the one time you have fun in your car, something bad has to happen.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
The engine would hardly rev up if it was a broken spring, so I'd have to guess it's inside the bellhousing.

·
Registered
547 Posts
sounds like a throwout bearing to me thats the only thing that comes to mind when you say the noise goes away when you push the clutch down

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If u ever get this noise it is not good, pulled it a part & its the tranny input bearing & maybe other things in side!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.