Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:waveyI got an 04 Gt Conv. with x-pipe and single chamber flowmasters!

i want to make it a Cobra Replica, wallet looks like $1,500. i need help for a makeover to get body and used wheels...any websites on bumpers?hoods? and a cheap supercharger?????:wavey

I already have a wing for $75
i need anything else

·
Registered
420 Posts
My guess would be to look around ebay. You should be able to find everything you need there.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
625 Posts
can't do it with that budget. you might be able to get the hood, front and back bumper painted and the conversion kit for the fog lights for about 1500. i ordered the front and back for 515 shipped......randystichcomb can get you everything you need for the conversion kit for the fog lights for about 190. painting all those parts is probably going to cost you the rest.

you might could do it if you found one in a junk yard?

·
Registered
252 Posts
mine is a 2002 steeda clone into a 2003 (real) cobra. ive spent 17,000 already. on a budget, its near impossible

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
There is no cheap supercharger unless you build your own kit which is possible with only $1,500, just takes some time and patience. I would check out 50 resto for the front and rear bumpers. Hood is hard to come by if you can find an actual hood from a 03-04 Cobra or you can pay $500 for a good quality one. Honestly though, $1,500 will not be enough to fully convert your GT to a Cobra unless you have some massive hook ups.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
where did you find a legit cobra spoiler for $75? cheapest ive seen is like 500.

·
Registered
420 Posts
SVTFEVER, THAT IS AN AWESOME CAR!!!!

I like how you still have the GT badges on, that should really throw some people, lol.

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Looks great man:bigthumbsup Certainly have yourself a sleeper there.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Sweet ride one question though this might be a stupid question but did Steeda make a special edition mustang like saleen or roush? Or are they just a parts company?

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Yeah steeda made the Q series or something like that. Like Q300 and Q400(I can't remember but they did) I'm sure someone will chime in.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Yeah steeda made the Q series or something like that. Like Q300 and Q400(I can't remember but they did) I'm sure someone will chime in.
They have any more hp than the GT I wonder. That sounds kinda interesting.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Q500

Steeda has been making tuner GT's for a long time now.

They are often yellow in color and have a "Qxxx" title.

The current top Steeda has a strong blower and over 500hp.

They are most commonly found down near their home base in Florida, but they crop up elsewhere from time to time.

Nice cars, and a good value according to some writeups I've read.

With Saleen now in bankruptcy (and given the economy, who knows when and if they will emerge?), Steeda and Roush are the leading Mustang tuners outside Shelby.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Oh thanks I've seen steeda badges and things on mostly new edge stangs and I've always wondered what the meant.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Steeda has been making tuner GT's for a long time now.

They are often yellow in color and have a "Qxxx" title.

The current top Steeda has a strong blower and over 500hp.

They are most commonly found down near their home base in Florida, but they crop up elsewhere from time to time.

Nice cars, and a good value according to some writeups I've read.

With Saleen now in bankruptcy (and given the economy, who knows when and if they will emerge?), Steeda and Roush are the leading Mustang tuners outside Shelby.
There we go, I knew someone would chime in:bigthumbsup So I was right about the Q for Steedas lol. Been a while since I read about them.

·
Registered
252 Posts
thanks for the compliments. i thought about even changing the gt emblems to say 4.6. but the outside of the car completly 100 percent mocks a 2003 steeda q400. steeda makes tones of stuff for gt's, but not so much for cobras. :-( however, i also have a complete suspension from steeda. if you do that from steeda. dont order there suspension kits. i actually call stangsuspension.com and told them what i wanted the car to do, and they customized it for me.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Check out they're website, they have everything from parts and accessories to fully built cars, I live near their shop, and the facility is huge and very impressive, they also have a facility in south georgia, valdosta I think. The do good work and make good parts, they're partnered with ford, and do a lot of r&d.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i was actually thinking about changing the front bumper and splitter. i dont want a mach 1 chin spoiler though. any ideas?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.