Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in a very big debate with myself whether to get a new v6 Premium. I really want one, and from what I have read want the performance package even though I will be using it as a daily driver, but there's not one close enough for me to drive, I have a dealer in CT willing to give me a (seemingly) great deal, I am just worried about replacement tires and the ridiculous cost of snow tires.

My question (finally) I have read on this forum people say don't go with the 19" rims if you deal with a lot of potholes, why is this?

Anyone with e Performance package who uses it as a daily driver (preferably in cold weather climate, but whatever) have any thoughts on if its worth it?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
If its that much of a hassel, get a non performance package and just mod the poop outta it like I did.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's the kicker, its a premium with the performance package, comfort package and GT accessories package, and they are offering it to me for 24,500 out the door. I cannot get another dealer to go near that price. it almost seems to good to be true, but I am just hoping its not....

W

·
0 Posts
That's a great deal. You can always get a set of snow tires for the winter.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Get it. You can get snow tires used or just don't drive when its snowy out.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Here's the kicker, its a premium with the performance package, comfort package and GT accessories package, and they are offering it to me for 24,500 out the door. I cannot get another dealer to go near that price. it almost seems to good to be true, but I am just hoping its not....
That sounds like a great deal, I got mine for $24k out the door and it's a base model with no options...

I'd say it depends on what you are looking for, if your main interest is rims, leather, and gears then the price point sounds good... truly you can do gears and installation for about $500 (give or take), leather take offs for $150-$350 (do the install yourself), and rims can always come later... but again that price point sounds ideal with the options you would be getting..

·
Registered
69 Posts
The reason people go with smaller rims with concerns to potholes is that the smaller the rim the larger the tire sidewall. The larger the tire sidewall the more absorbency it gives for the shock and also more tire flex.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Thats a good deal. I wanted the V6 PP but no one had one in Florida and they said I'd have to wait 6-8 weeks for them to order one and have it built. I'd go for it. To me the premium isn't worth it, I had the dealer install leather in mine for $500 and save myself the extra $6k for the premium.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I am in a very big debate with myself whether to get a new v6 Premium.
I'm sure either one of you will win the debate. Are "you" also the moderator?:kooky:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the input guys, its much appreciated. I am going to make my decision very very soon, and am strongly leaning towards pulling the trigger.

One last question, I have driven the V8 a few times, would the V6 with Performance package be an equivalent ride as far as comfort and handling goes? basically would you say with the PP is it closer to the V8 or the V6 without it?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks for all the input guys, its much appreciated. I am going to make my decision very very soon, and am strongly leaning towards pulling the trigger.

One last question, I have driven the V8 a few times, would the V6 with Performance package be an equivalent ride as far as comfort and handling goes? basically would you say with the PP is it closer to the V8 or the V6 without it?
I have not driven either the V8 or the V6 PP, but just based off specs I would says the V6 PP is extremely close to the handling/suspension of the V8. Also, I would assume the v6 weighs less than the v8 so that would also contribute to the handling.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I think the V6 PP out handles the base V8 in general. Maybe the V6 PP and V8 Brembo brake versions handle more similarly.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Thats a good deal. I wanted the V6 PP but no one had one in Florida and they said I'd have to wait 6-8 weeks for them to order one and have it built. I'd go for it. To me the premium isn't worth it, I had the dealer install leather in mine for $500 and save myself the extra $6k for the premium.
Ooohhhh, Another South Florida member eh? Looks like an AFM South Florida meet should happen soon! :)

B

·
0 Posts
If you don't plan on modding get the PP with Premium. Otherwise you'll end up pulling out parts you already paid for. If you're worried about sidewall you can always replace the stock 255/40s with taller 245/45 tires that come on the GTCS when they wear out. They are identical wheels. If you're lucky you'll get 30,000 miles out of the original tires.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
If you don't plan on modding get the PP with Premium. Otherwise you'll end up pulling out parts you already paid for. If you're worried about sidewall you can always replace the stock 255/40s with taller 245/45 tires that come on the GTCS when they wear out. They are identical wheels. If you're lucky you'll get 30,000 miles out of the original tires.
Hey hogasswild, are you saying that you will get 30k miles off the stock v6 tires, or the stock GTCS tires if he can find them?

I'm hoping to get about 30k miles off my stock tires, and THEN do the full rim/tire swap thing, but I'm holding off until then.

·
Registered
116 Posts
go for it. I'm in Canada and snow tires with rims were only $918 (Continental Extreme Winter Contact 215 60 17's on steel rims with no TPMS) They just barely fit over the brakes lol. Love the PP rims!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would definitely get the premium . When you go to trade your car or re sell it , no one or not many people care how much you say you spent on your car . If the options are there from the factory its fact . I love the extras on mine . As for snow tires . My car gets parked and i put the F150 in 4 wheel drive and have fun with the 5.0

1 - 17 of 17 Posts