Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

help on the best short throw shifters

1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  kcwhunter 
#1 ·
i need somoe help on a short throw shifter.. i am looking at a roush and a steeda triax one does any one know witch shifter has the shortest throw and welll is good qualty to thanks :smilie

#2 ·
I installed a Tri-ax last week end and am very pleased with the difference over stock. Really remarkable how clean and mechanical the shifts feel now compared to the stock shifter.

I want to point out that a short throw sounds good but there is a cost. The shorter the throw the great the effort. It is simple leverage. What you lengthen on the bottom to make the lever move less on top increases the effort. I used this for my advantage it allowed me to move the shift knob much closer to the steering wheel which is easier to reach and more comfortable. That the throw is long again is not an issue as it is smooth light and precise all things the stock one wasn't.

#4 ·
There's people that love and hate every shifter. Some experience unbearable rattle, while others with the same exact shifter never have a complaint about it.

I've never heard of someone complain about the performance of the MGW though, only about the price or its appearance (from hard headed old school guys :p). I believe it has the shortest throw, too, and is fully adjustable.

#6 ·
Installed a Steeda Tri-ax in my 05 GT 4 months ago and love it. It is a huge improvement over the stock shifter. It is very precise and I like the "mechanical" feel it has when shifting into another gear. My car is a daily driver, but the times when I do get on it, the Steeda has reduced the potential of possibly missing a shift or grinding gears. Also, not a big deal, but this shifter allows you to use the stock shifter knob.

#8 ·
I have the MGW also. It is well worth the money. I like the fact that you can use the factory shift knob with it and, by looks, you don't even know I've done it. I did however swap out the stock shift knob with a Roush shift knob.

#9 ·
I have the Steeda Triax and have been very happy with it. From what I read on these forums, you will not go wrong with either the Steeda or the MGW, but stay away from the Hurst.

#11 ·
Either the MGW or steeda tri-ax are both good shifters you will not be let down with either of them.check out my pictures at my profile to see what the steeda looks like.:bigthumbsup

#12 ·
MGW is the bomb diggity, you will not be dissapointed, full adjustability up, down, left, right, throws form up to 50% shorter, its up to you by turning a retaining block, simple as pie :gringreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.