Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bolted up the Pypes O/R H and the Green front oxygen sensor wire is about 1 1/2 inches too short! What can I do? Can I leave it unplugged? If not, how can I correct this?

Please HELP.

Thanks.

By the way, I am going to call PYPES and tell them about the problems I am having, this pi$$es me off!

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Don't be mad. You almost always need an extender when going to aftermarket headers. And no, you can't leave it unplugged. The rears can be left unplugged if it is noted in your tune, not the fronts.

You can get extenders from JBA.

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
can anyone recommend a good place to get the extenders because i cant find them anywhere
Like I said, call JBA and ask for front O2 extensions. 619-229-7797

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like I said, call JBA and ask for front O2 extensions. 619-229-7797

Thanks for the quick response 5twenty! I'll call them.

Thanks to all those that replied also.

I'ts just silly that they can't drill the O2 sensor hole 1 inch closer.:headscratch:

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Or let you know you need extentions
+1. I say they should just come with any headers that need them because they can't cost more than about $2 to make.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Just get some wire and solder in some extra wire. Way cheaper than extensions and work just as well. A butt splice will work, but I don't know if I would trust it for this application.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Uh, um, problems? What problems? Oh, THOSE problems. :gringreen Yeah, I did. But I fixed it. I tried to do a halfway solder job. I went ahead and did it right the second time.
Well you do keep us entertained with your various self-inflicted wounds. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
327 Posts
You shouldn't splice the wires to an o2 sensor. Many pick up a fresh air sample though the wire for comparison. Without this air source your o2 may not generate the proper voltage for the exhaust sample.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
You shouldn't splice the wires to an o2 sensor. Many pick up a fresh air sample though the wire for comparison. Without this air source your o2 may not generate the proper voltage for the exhaust sample.
Heat shrink can eliminate that problem, but I agree with the mindset.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I called JBA and Summit, both have the extensions for $29.99. Looks like I have no choice and will be ordering it. It's amazing some of these business's have succeeded with the stupid a$* decisions they make. Rant over. I'm just looking forward to the completed project that is taking too long for my anticipation. I look out the garage door while laying under the car working to see the sun shining and wishing I was out driving with everything finished. Time to roll up my sleeves and get the job done.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Just a note, my JBA headers came with extensions.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.