Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,586 Posts
I will, like I said but I’ve been busy working the past week basically, only have time to get to it like an hour a day, I will compression test it this weekend and hopefully my scanner will come in at the same time. If it’s an engine it’s not that big of a deal, I already have a block that I’m building. I just want to find the damn problem
Just be sure to update us here, we’d like to know too…

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Here’s a little update, went to go try to put my stock tune back on the car and it wouldn’t go through, I then tried reading dtc’s and the sct scanner couldn’t connect to my car, it also doesn’t start at all. And is giving a check charging system, traction control error and the odometer pops up as ———-, I am very confused for this to randomly happen. My car sat without me touching it for 3 days

·
Super Moderator
3,586 Posts
Charge your battery, and also leave the charger connected, or use a second battery connected through heavy jumper cables. While all the extra power is still connected/active, THEN simultaneously try using the tuner again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Charge your battery, and also leave the charger connect, or use a second battery connected through heavy jumper cables. While all the extra power is still connected/active, THEN simultaneously try using the tuner again.
I connected a battery from my girlfriends mustang to mine through jumpers and it didn’t change anything, I don’t have an actual battery charger sadly. I’ll see what I can do

·
Super Moderator
3,586 Posts
I connected a battery from my girlfriends mustang to mine through jumpers and it didn’t change anything, I don’t have an actual battery charger sadly. I’ll see what I can do
It’s common and has happened to me a few times, but there’s no guarantee this will work for you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It’s common and has happened to me a few times, but there’s no guarantee this will work for you.
Well, bought a battery charger, had it completely charger, and just got my autel scanner, car still won’t start and the autel can’t connect to the car. I have no idea what’s happening

·
Super Moderator
3,586 Posts
It may be time to take it to a shop. Sometimes there’s a price to be paid for Hooning around all night.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
It may be time to take it to a shop. Sometimes there’s a price to be paid for Hooning around all night.
Only problem is I am a mechanic that works at a shop, hints why I have all the tools. The only problem is I only get like 1 day a week to mess with it, that’s why I was hoping someone on here would know

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Here’s an update, just plugged my ecu into my girlfriends gt and it’s showing all the same lights and issues, so I guess it’s an ecu that’s dead, I’m gonna get a new one and the I’ll update you guys

·
Super Moderator
3,586 Posts
Here’s an update, just plugged my ecu into my girlfriends gt and it’s showing all the same lights and issues, so I guess it’s an ecu that’s dead, I’m gonna get a new one and the I’ll update you guys
Well I hope that fixes your problem. Please DO let us know.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So I only have 1 more question, what ecu’s am I limited to, obviously I need one from a maniacal to save me a headache. But what about years, serial numbers? Etc.....

·
Registered
710 Posts

Reactions: crjackson

·
Registered
710 Posts
I believe he's using Ford's diagnostic scan tool software on his laptop connected to the OBDII port. It may also be FORScan. You can message Brian for more specifics at [email protected].

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Just got the new pcm in today, hopefully I can install it and test tomorrow, kinda hard to do anything in the 117 degree. I hate Arizona

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Well, new ecu in with the new tune, same problem. I’m stumped, I guess it’s a wiring issue? Anyone else have any more insight?

·
Super Moderator
3,586 Posts
Well, new ecu in with the new tune, same problem. I’m stumped, I guess it’s a wiring issue? Anyone else have any more insight?
Not really … I would start by checking the OBDII socket for damage. Look inside where the reader/programmer plugs in for damaged/bent/corroded contacts, then eliminate the connector that plugs into the ECU.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Not really … I would start by checking the OBDII socket for damage. Look inside where the reader/programmer plugs in for damaged/bent/corroded contacts, then eliminate the connector that plugs into the ECU.
One port looks brand new, and the first thing I did when this all started was check the ecu plugs, they look good also

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Did a lot more research and came across a post about a grand marquee with the same 2 codes, ended up being a crack shaft position sensor that fixed there problem, well I put a new one in about 8 months ago but I’m gonna swap me and my girlfriends to see what happens, fingers crossed

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Took my cps to autozone, had them swap it out for free, put the new one in my car and it runs and idles perfectly, I’m currently getting my wheels powder coated so I can’t drive it. But I’m almost positive it’s fixed, so that’s the solution. New crankshaft position sensor, I’m gonna put an oem Ford one in down the road to stop this from happening again

21 - 40 of 40 Posts