Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I do not have any catalytic converters on my car and am trying to find away around have to get cats. I was wondering if there are 02 sensor simulators that will work on a 05 GT. Any advice or help is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Sucks but u might as find some. They do make kits with the off road and cat option.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
You're screwed. In NJ they actually look under the car with a mirror.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Never understood why anybody would ever take them off to begin with; the power gain is almost non-existent,

·
Registered
746 Posts
Never understood why anybody would ever take them off to begin with; the power gain is almost non-existent
agreed! no cats,no passy, you made a very costly error in removing your cats sorry to say,very costly!
good luck fellow jersian :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Buy some weld on high flow cats. Then have a tune writer turn them on and adjust for your mods.

My mechanic can do inspections, if there was a way for me to have no cats and pass when he hooks up to the emissions computer he would pass me, but a tuner would have to do it. And I dont see them messing with a federally mandated thing like emissions.

·
Registered
29 Posts
OP. What exhaust componets do you currently have?? I live in DC, and have stock manifold's and H-pipe if you need on the cheep!! PM me if I can help!!

·
Registered
636 Posts
If NJ visibly checks for cats then you're screwed unless you know someone.

Up here in MA I think they are supposed to visually check for cats but I've never seen anyone actually do that... plus I know a guy so as long as the computer tells him my car is OK he will give me a sticker :shigrin

That said, I still have cats on all my vehicles, even my Jeep which legally doesn't need to pass any emissions inspection anymore due to the age. I'm no environmental nutcase but if I can sacrifice a few HP to keep my car 100% legal and reduce my emissions? Don't see a problem with that.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Not sure if your car is getting a check engine light that will also cause it to fail but the MIL Eliminators they sell for 04 mustangs fit 2005 and up mustang and trick you car into thinking the rear o2 sensors are working correctly. Next suggestion is to find a emission shop that does it on a ramp, my 05 mustang is lowered and they couldn't drive it up the ramp without it bottoming out so they couldn't check under the car. I have long-tube headers and cats but always leave the rear 02 sensors ON and use MIL Eliminators come emissions time in CT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts