Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Landed this nice 88' T-bird, (pics to soon follow) v8 5.0L naturally, but its had a nice hack job of a rebuild done on it, I want to keep the rebuild alive but I need it running so that I can move it. The engine runs strong and it drives great. Got the car from a family friend so I do know that once its put back together it should run well enough to move it.

Only has 98,000 miles on it. To the point though, the power steering lines were hastily cut, as were the fuel lines, up near the rails.

So what I was looking for was a good way to go about fixing these things, I've had a hard time finding replacement power steering lines and was wondering if there is any other kind of bulk line that can be used.

As far as the fuel lines I was curious if i can perform some kind of bridge as a temporary thing, again the line was cut up in the engine compartment.

The only other problem it has that i'm not sure how to fix would be the trans shifter linkage, its an AOD trans and i've never re connected a linkage and was just looking for some pointers on getting it all hooked up so that the shifter ligns up with the actual gears.

Thanks, Oi.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
The bone yard would be a good start. As far as subsituting the powersteering hose, please keep in mind that there is a high pressure line. Using just any hose will not due. Besides buying all new hit that bone yard. I know that you will find what you are looking for @ a good price and still in good condition. Remember on something like that you have a wide variety of cars that you can choose from. I maybe wrong on this but I even think you could look at even 4/6 cylinder cars as well (powersteering) and don't forget about Lincoln Mercury vehicles as well.

Fuel lines if not EFI you can go to the local auto part store and ask for replacement rubber fuel line. If it is EFI remember that this is pressurized as well and you can not use the same type of rubber line. They do make a high pressure replacement fuel line as well.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Re route the belt w/ out using the power steering and cap the holes in the rack. Cut the fuel line just past the compression fitting and run rubber fuel line from the barb on the fuel line at the frame rail to the fuel rail on engine. Hold the lines on w/ some good hose clamps this will work for a short period.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.