Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a 94 GT. It keeps throwing up code 189 - Adaptive Fuel rich limit reached, left side.

The car is running rich, really hesistant and slow. Although it does sometimes clear for a few seconds and feels really strong and goes back to running rough.
Just wondered if anyone knows what could be causing this.

Thanks for any input, Mark.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
My familiarity is with Fox 5.0s, and I know there are some significant differences between the Fox and SN EEC setups; i.e. more perameters on the SN version.
Put your old O2s back in for the time being, or they'll be ruined by the rich condition.
Check your injectors, because I think I read somewhere, that the Fox system will treat a clogged injector as a lean condition, and richen the mixture as a whole, resulting in over-rich mixtures in the other three cylinders on the side with the weak or dead injector, the HEGO system is stereo. I know your SN system surely does the same thing, or better.
Try pulling the plugs on that side, there may be one that looks alot different from the other three...

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Sinc3e you swapped O2, I'd suspect a leaky injector on that side - all 4 swap injectors from one side to the other and see if the problem switches sides.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.