Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help ordering replacement calipers, but can not figure out were this originates from.

Attached are photos of the caliper, rotor and rear end.

HELP ... Please and thanks

Edit: 87 Mustang with a 5 lug conversion. I can't find a caliper that looks like this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Measure the disc in diameter and thickness as that will help narrow it down. And in the first pic what are those number on the caliper?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good catch ..... on the caliper numbers ... I'm missed it.

107788 KH on the top edge and 9080 D1 on the bottom edge

12 inch dia. and 1 inch thick

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Some use a mid 90's caddilac for a rear swap. otherwise it has to be a 93-? mustang item.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
I was thinking they might be the cobra upgrade but the cobra's are 11.65" hhhmmmm..... I guess you might have to scour the internet or someone with knowledge will save you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow ... this is tough ... been searching the Internet all night with now luck even finding a picture of a Ford caliper that looks anything like this one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any suggestions regarding other websites or possible Ford Technical Resource / Advisors?

I tried searching for the part number on the front of the caliper right next to the Ford logo but no luck. I tried searching for Ford calipers (any) that even looked like this caliper. The rotor is roughly 12" in diameter.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Maybe Fox can help with those numbers, that is definetly a ford emblem. See if there is a tag on the rear if they did a full rear swap then youll know by the tag. If they didnt I would suspect that to be the old FRPP cobra 5lug disc swap.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Those things look older than dirt. Wonder if that "D1" is a date code? 1961?

What brakes are on the front? Might be worthwhile to swap the rears to something more readily available like the SN95 or T-bird stuff. Think the T-bird stuff is 4-lug though. Don't know if a equivalent rotor is available for 5-lug.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
you could also measure the length of one of the axles that would help narrow it also. 1961 what? look at the pumpkin is it an 8.8

Attachments

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Thats an 8.8 try asking some of the guys in the other sections like 96 and up. Also like I stated. If your car is due up for a rear oil change then pull the cover and slide out an axle and measure the length. That will help narrow it down.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks ... I really appreciate the help ... any help.

Right now we are just trying to get it safety certified and get it on the road. It belongs to my son and I am just helping. If we can't find the origin any other way, we will pull the axles ... but I would really rather not at this point. It may come to replacing the complete axle at some point but I hope it does not come to that either.

Thanks again for the tips.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The KH means Kesley Hays the component manufacturer/designer/supplier.

Google says the caliper is:
84-86 mustang SVO:
84-87 Lincoln continental
and 84-90 Lincoln Mk VII

this rotor is only 11.3" OD, 2.37" tall, 2.79" bore and .95" thick

if the rotor is
5 on 4.5 12.016 OD 1.024 thick 2.213 tall it could be a front rotor from: FORD TRUCK EXPLORER 05-02; MERCURY TRUCK MOUNTAINEER 05-02;

5 on 4.5 12.008 OD 1.024 thick 2.598 tall it could be a front rotor from: FORD TRUCK EXPLORER 03-01; EXPLORER SPORT TRAC 05-01; RANGER 09-03; MAZDA TRUCK B4000 09-04;

5 on 4.5 11.929 OD 1.031 thick 1.850 Tall it could be the front rotor from a FORD TRUCK ESCAPE 10-05; MERCURY TRUCK MARINER 10-05;

this is cool...
http://vintage.mitchell1.com/PClubData/chassis/dch80/V2D809021.pdf

enjoy my data dump.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts