Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased some saleen wheels for my car, and they did not have center caps. I went on AmericanMuscle.com and order some center caps for them, I received them in the mail today and they do not fit, they are too small. I need some that are 3 inches around, and the part that snaps into the wheel need to be 2 and 3/8 I believe is the size. But the ones I want are black and say GT and the GT is in chrome. Where can I get those?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
look on ebay, or you just might find some original saleen ones!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'd say EbAY, Craigslist, junkyard (very slim chance of finding them here), or check the classifieds on the allfordmustangs web-site.

Saleen has been around for awhile (from the 80's to now) and have made quite a few different syle rims from the Mustang to the supercar itself. Would it be possible your rims are "Saleen style" or replicas? If you know the year or era your wheels are from, it would help. On the Mustangs, they only had a few styles from 85-93, 94-98, etc etc. There could also be a possibility, the rims could be "Saleen Style" or replicas.

PS; I have never seen true Mustang Saleen rims w/ a "GT" as the center cap.

Good luck

·
Registered
517 Posts
are you talking about the saleen sc wheels? or normal saleens because normal saleens are 2 1/2 heres the link Black GT Mustang Center Cap (Large Size) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! those are the caps

actually i just looked the normals can have the small cap also... post the link of the exact rims you got and i can give you the size if they are too small it is most likely the ones listed above i thing 2 3/8 is the smallest they make

1 - 4 of 4 Posts