Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i turn the key the engine comes on and then quickly, within a second, turns off. what are the first things i should check?

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Check for vacuum leaks and check for leaks in the intake that will allow air to bypass the Mass Air Flow sensor.

G

·
Monkey Boy said:
Idle Air Control Valve.

Boy you are just all over that answer today arent ya? LOL. But yes i agree with this guy and u may wanna change your fuel filter if its been a while. When i first got my stang it had start up problems once in a blue moon, and changed the fuel filter and it went away. The IAC acted up later down the road.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
It seems that that IAC is a pretty common failure with idle issues with our cars. I have yet to see an idle issue not fixed by a new IAC and / or fuel filter, MAF cleaning or vacuum leak. That's comforting.

G

·
BlueStreak03 said:
It seems that that IAC is a pretty common failure with idle issues with our cars. I have yet to see an idle issue not fixed by a new IAC and / or fuel filter, MAF cleaning or vacuum leak. That's comforting.

Yeah kinda crappy we have to deal with it, but hey leasts its semi cheap and easy to do yourself!

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I'm really kind of sick of answering the same question over and over again. People, we need to check old posts before posting new ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.