Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my pro chamber in no sweat but the rear sensors don't reach the holes by the chamber! Help please, my cars in the air!:happyhapp

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
dayum, I'm sorry man I should have thought to tell you that you need O2 extenders. Ford moved the O2's to the rear a few inches with the '04 model year. No worries though, I think they're $40 or so. I think mine came from RPMoutlet.com. Next day air is wonderful.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BlueStreak03 said:
dayum, I'm sorry man I should have thought to tell you that you need O2 extenders. Ford moved the O2's to the rear a few inches with the '04 model year. No worries though, I think they're $40 or so. I think mine came from RPMoutlet.com. Next day air is wonderful.
S**T. Can I disconnect them, screw them into the pipe and turn them off with my predator?? Thanks for answering quick Blue, it's a daily driver.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Yes, you can disconnect them and put the O2's in. It's actually easier to put the sensors in whlie the pipe is not installed and you can get a wrench on them easier. The plugs are a snap to get back on. Make sure you get some zip ties to tie up the slack in the wires when you're done or they will most likely drage the ground.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BlueStreak03 said:
Yes, you can disconnect them and put the O2's in. It's actually easier to put the sensors in whlie the pipe is not installed and you can get a wrench on them easier. The plugs are a snap to get back on. Make sure you get some zip ties to tie up the slack in the wires when you're done or they will most likely drage the ground.
Car runs great. Sounds mean. A little raspier than I expected. Maybe flowpath or magnaflow will deepen it. 11/2" pies with larger diameter tips may help as well. there was a small split in the seam at one of the flanges. I'll have a friend weld it if it leaks. Little disappointing to pay that much and not have it perfect. Oh well it's in, Miller time! Thanks for the help!:wavey

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
no problem, glad you like it....enjoy. flowpaths will deepen it some over the flows, especially if you do a full cat back with 3 inch tailpipes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.