Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a bit of trouble finding out what kind of transmission I have in my 1995 5.0
First off, the engine is from a 1995 while the body is a 1994. Not sure why the person I bought it from wanted that but that's how she came.

According to this reference (Ford Mustang Transmissions) I'm supposed to have a T-5 transmission in place but I know for a fact that I have a T-45, from dropping and working on a broken input shaft, installed as of now.

Maybe the previous owner thought if he changed the engine then he would have to change the transmission. But I know for a fact that the T-45 I have in now shouldn't be there!

Is it alright that it's in there? Maybe that's the reason I've been having all these problems. So far, the clutch burned out the quadrant has had to be replaced along with the cable, its had starting problems, and as of now it is ridiculously difficult to press down the clutch pedal.

The T-45 wasn't used until the 4.6 v-8 of 1996 and up. Also when I looked at the TR code on the VIN sticker in the door jam it read "PJH66" which I cant find any information on and doesn't help me to find what type of transmission belongs in my Mustang.

AmericanMuscle had an article to help identify this but said nothing about my tr code. (Identifying What Transmission Is In Your Mustang at AmericanMuscle.com)

Could someone please help to resolve my identity crisis? :sadcry:

·
Registered
184 Posts
There has to be a different bell housing or adapter plate on there then. As only 4 main bolts would line up properly, locating dowels are larger then t5 also.. And the starter will be different aswell.. Post a pic if ya can

It's a lot of work getting a t45 in a fox.. A t56 would be much less work

Sure it's a 45?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts