Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
Im Ricardo Verbeek, live in the Netherlands.
I have a '05 GT and vert busy to upgrade the suspension to get it ready for the Nurburgring.
Change the panhard bar/brace for watts link kit, and changed the BC Coils for a custon AST/MOTON true coilovers.

I almost finished the install of the whiteline wattslink kit but i have a 'small' problem.
The driver side bar/rod isnt straight with the bracket. I need to force it in place instead the other side is perfectly lining up with the hole.
I dont think this is supposed to be.
What can cause this issue?
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

I can force it in but there is a lott of tension on the bar when i do that.
Also its almost hitting a bolt fron the diff cover.

Other specs:
Steeda adjustable uca
Spohn non adjustable lca
Whiteline relocation brackets
Whiteline heavy duty sway bars front/rear
AST Moton coilovers (rear true coils)

Would love to hear some advice and help!
I was thinking maybe could adjustable lower control arms fix this, but i dont know what i have to do!

Automotive tire Coil spring Gas Suspension Engineering

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
It's common to have to "tweak" aftermarket parts slightly to make them work. Complete the assembly, test drive and re-check for clearances.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's common to have to "tweak" aftermarket parts slightly to make them work. Complete the assembly, test drive and re-check for clearances.
Allright ! im gonna try it.
Its a lot off tension on the bar when i push it into the bracket.
Ill come back when everything is done.

Would maybe adjustable lower control arms fix some of the tension of shouldnt that be necessary?

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Allright ! im gonna try it.
Its a lot off tension on the bar when i push it into the bracket.
Ill come back when everything is done.

Would maybe adjustable lower control arms fix some of the tension of shouldnt that be necessary?
I wouldn't buy more parts to try to solve a problem with the ones that you already paid for. It's always better to do modifications one at a time, incrementally, so you can test and evaluate each.

You may have to remove the bar, bend it slightly then re-fit it. Or maybe enlarge the mounting holes in the bracket that the part is going in to. Before you do that, I'd call the manufacturer for advice. They may have a list of FAQs on their website or a forum where your issue has been discussed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't buy more parts to try to solve a problem with the ones that you already paid for. It's always better to do modifications one at a time, incrementally, so you can test and evaluate each.

You may have to remove the bar, bend it slightly then re-fit it. Or maybe enlarge the mounting holes in the bracket that the part is going in to. Before you do that, I'd call the manufacturer for advice. They may have a list of FAQs on their website or a forum where your issue has been discussed.
Thanks thats also a good idea!
Just want to check and try every idea before i start 'making it fit' with a change i ruined something.

·
Super Moderator
4,267 Posts
Welcome Dutch_S197GT and thank you for joining ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
We encourage you to complete your Account Settings.

We’re glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

Reactions: Dutch_S197GT
1 - 6 of 6 Posts